Quantcast

Synchronized diving? C'mon...

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Saw this on the idiot box last night. How did this become an Olympic sport? No baseball anymore, we need synchronized diving...
Does anyone know anyone who competes in this "sport"?

I can see some small countries Olympic commitee receiving the list of upcoming sports and thinkng "WTF is this sh#t?"

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
I saw some weird sport where they were throwing a ball in a net on the ground like lacrosse without the stick thing. crazy **** man.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
One could argue that it's harder than just plain diving.....cuz you have to dive AND pay attention tot he other guy.

Wait.....does thinking this make me gay?
Are you wearing a speedo right now?

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
I saw some weird sport where they were throwing a ball in a net on the ground like lacrosse without the stick thing. crazy **** man.
That would be handball. Pretty dumb.

The synchronized diving is pretty gay, but it's also pretty amazing they can pull that stuff off.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Water polo is an actual sport, though. Handball is what we played in 7th grade at lunch.

This is teh suck:

Badminton is not exactly football but there are a lot of cool shots in the sport.

What I thought was funny is how bitchy the announcer was for syncro swimming.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Badminton is not exactly football but there are a lot of cool shots in the sport.

What I thought was funny is how bitchy the announcer was for syncro swimming.
But can you call it a "kill"? Seriously, I've tried to smash it before and it doesn't work.

spylab

Monkey
Feb 7, 2007
I'm sorry, my vote has to be with either table tennis or 10m air rifle....

Table tennis is the only sport where the majority of 'practicing athletes' in the US do so with a Bud Light in their other hand, and come on... 30 foot target with a BB gun? Did they adpot this sport from the local Boy Scout summer camp?

CRoss

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2006
The Ranch
Did any of you guys hear the female announcer answering the question about the showers during the mens diving? She said they use the shower because the pool is cold and the showers are warm...and it is Fun!:disgust1:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
30 foot target with a BB gun? Did they adpot this sport from the local Boy Scout summer camp?
Would you rather this than the other sport from the scouts....

hog tying a young scout lathered in crisco.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
No debate synchro diving is tough...but how in the hell did this become an Olympic event?

Please...
The main event everyone gets off on is 'running a short distance as fast as you can'. Synchronised diving is highly complex and challenging in comparison. Why are you not complaining about beach volleyball?

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
The main event everyone gets off on is 'running a short distance as fast as you can'. Synchronised diving is highly complex and challenging in comparison. Why are you not complaining about beach volleyball?
Uhhhm, maybe because beach volleyball is a recognized sport, with a pro tour, minor tours and an actual organization that supports it (AVP). Up until a week ago, synchronized diving didnt exist in my little world.
I honestly would have thought someone was joking if they brought it up in conversation.
Is there a pro synchronized diving league I dont know about?
I say the Olympics go back to the original sports...we could use a good fist fight or chariot race...