Quantcast

T-Minus... I'm going to Moab!!!

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
You rode Porc Rim on a hardtail?

Well done my good man... well done. :thumb:
I wish... I was schooled by several old men on hardtails. I rode my Gary Fisher Sugar for most of the way, towards the last bit there where sections I walked. I guess my trail cred is at an all time low. :rant:

I'm taking the whole damn family to Klondike Bluffs tomorrow on rented bicycles, my last ride in Moab - I was there about 10 to years ago and rode it on my trek Y-22. I was a Super Star!!! I don't remember Baby Steps - just lots of Jeeps.

Last edited:

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
When you're riding up Klondike, keep looking left for Baby steps. You'll see a few signs and trails. You should hit it up on the down hill. It's way fun. It's not rough like porky.

My hands are what get worked on Porky. I usually end up just about getting blisters when i'm done with that one.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
When you're riding up Klondike, keep looking left for Baby steps. You'll see a few signs and trails. You should hit it up on the down hill.
There ended up only being 3 of us because of the rain and wind - the wind was the worst, little mini dust storms that you couldn't avoid. The rain wasn't so bad but you couldn't predict it, it fell from blue sky while the dark clouds delivered nothing. Visibility towards Arches was very poor so we didn't do the hike. Going up the wind was at out backs and let up up a bit for the ride down which was very fun but still seemed like work before you hit the sand again. We did not do Baby Steps but I id see it - it must be new since I was there last.

discombob

Chimp
May 23, 2006
A, A
How late in the season is the whole enchilada ride-able in Moab anyway? I will be driving through there November 1-5th or so and had hoped I could get up fairly high without the sticky clay effect (I've never been to Moab before).

I'll probably just get shuttled to wherever the locals at Poison Spider or whatever think I should go during that time, but experienced advice would be nice to know what to expect.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
How late in the season is the whole enchilada ride-able in Moab anyway? I will be driving through there November 1-5th or so and had hoped I could get up fairly high without the sticky clay effect (I've never been to Moab before).

I'll probably just get shuttled to wherever the locals at Poison Spider or whatever think I should go during that time, but experienced advice would be nice to know what to expect.
Keep your fingers crossed. One *good* storm can close it for the rest of the season... but you could get lucky. We rode UPS/LPS/Porc the same time last year (early Nov) and there was just a TINY bit of snow in the shady bits at the top of the shuttle.

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar

Me and some buddies are heading out there november 7th. We'll probably be getting there around 10 in the morning. I'm sure we'll start with a ride on Porcupine, however far they'll take us up. I'm hoping to start farther up than LPS, but i'll take whatever i get really as long as it's at LEAST LPS.

I think Porky is ok for a while still. If you're going to be out there the same time we are, you can hook up with us if you're a pretty quick downhill rider. We're slow climbers, but fast descenders.

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
LPS is pretty easy to get to. I'd just like to get up higher since i haven't done the "whole Enchilada" yet.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
My good friend just got back from riding the 24 hours of Moab. He managed to take 5th place in the solo category, outsprinted 6th place in the last 300 yards. He won the points series, busts his ass running a family business and is 44 years old. Congrats Bob :thumb: