Quantcast

T.T.C. DH race july 31st.

milohead

Monkey
Dec 9, 2008
Johnson City, Tn
Hey milo where u staying and do u want to stay over sat and ride raccoon mtn (good XC and i hate XC:D) with the gang?
i plan on stayin sat night but i think xc is out for me. the last time i tried i wore myself out and that was on a ndiza w/ an xc cassette. i would keel over on my makulu.

RapidRob

Chimp
Aug 12, 2009
Bama
I'm also gonna have some items for sale @ the race: 2007 GaryFisher Caliber Xc Bike $600. And a 2010 Sx Trail II asking $2900 if anyone is interested

milohead

Monkey
Dec 9, 2008
Johnson City, Tn
Damn the rain.
You guys built an awesome trail, super fast and sketchy. glad we came up on Friday to ride it before it got blown out today. Looking forward to the next race.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
With a few, I mean a few tweeks, this course would be the most legit DH race course in the SE bar we ever put on another race at Windrock. The course was high pucker factor from the beginning and the fast high speed stuff was fun. Add a few well placed jumps and a few more technical turns and it would be complete.

I do wish the rain hadn't come along, but calling it was the right idea. Destroying that course in the wet for 13 racers wasn't worth it for a grassroots race. Thanks for everything TTC. I'll be back at the next one. Plus, I'd like to come down one day this winter and help out.

Metal Dude

Turbo Monkey
Apr 7, 2006
Smackdonough, GA
Enjoyed the riding there we got to do this weekend. Too bad the rain came, but I agree it was too risky to run wet and it would only create more work to fix the trail, which could be spent as Doug recommended. I will be back to ride there and hopefully for the Fall race.

roperacer

Monkey
Aug 17, 2009
chattanooga tn
ok,, we got the go-ahead,,, now any sugestions on the date? im thinking anything after october 16 is good with ttc,damn all this heat,,im ready for some fall rid'n

roperacer

Monkey
Aug 17, 2009
chattanooga tn
october 2-3 trial,,october 16-17th enduro trial.. and november 13-14 58k trial

these are the dates we cannot use,,,sorry i got that october 15th date screwed up...

plus!!!!all riders from the july 31st race gets 10 bucks off next race fee!

roperacer

Monkey
Aug 17, 2009
chattanooga tn
as long as we can get timers,, we do have the option to have a late september race and a late november race,,i was really wanting to have a race after some leaves fell for photo and vids. i plan on riggin some crazyness up in the trees on the big side,i think i can get at least 60% of the goat trail on film from one angle, bout 100 feet up!

keep posting some input..we will all come up with something!

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
For me, after the Fall Fest, DH is over for the year. Plus November can be so iffy. Once it starts raining it just stays wet.

milohead

Monkey
Dec 9, 2008
Johnson City, Tn
For me, after the Fall Fest, DH is over for the year. Plus November can be so iffy. Once it starts raining it just stays wet.
Say it ain't so. December, a little snow on the ground and the temp just above freezing to give a nice thaw. Looking forward to WR this winter.:thumb:

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Well, I'll be up there but with a Rogue Hoe in one hand and a chainsaw in the other. Got some cool plans for reroutes this year. I hope we have a dry winter.

roperacer

Monkey
Aug 17, 2009
chattanooga tn
the road jump on the big side is now 8 inches higher and about 3 feet longer, steve hit it today and sailed it! also,the rock drop at the bottom of the goat trail was cut in today, sept 18th!

milohead

Monkey
Dec 9, 2008
Johnson City, Tn
the road jump on the big side is now 8 inches higher and about 3 feet longer, steve hit it today and sailed it! also,the rock drop at the bottom of the goat trail was cut in today, sept 18th!
The line you cut for the rock drop, did you start higher up on the chute so you can carry more speed into it?

roperacer

Monkey
Aug 17, 2009
chattanooga tn
we planed on cutting it higher up, but when i went down the mtn. to get tools, by the time i got back steve cut it real low but wide, easy to get into but not high up to get mach speed. steve said it was fine just needed packed in.