Quantcast

T2, latest edition to "Hubs"

WARider

Monkey
May 21, 2003
Well,

Just got back from an all day working session. Unfortunently I was the only one down to work as my bro's had to go clock in to earn some cash. Anyhow, I was able to get up a pretty large drop, not sure what I'll call her yet but shes our new edition to "Hubs". Here's some pics for ya'll, and if you know a good place that's free to upload short video segments, I got a few of my friend busting pretty LARGE! I on the other hand was so damn tired that I didn't even want to ride. The big drop youll see is about 12 feet down and anywhere from 12 to 25 feet out depending on how fast you hit her. I think the name will be "T2" or twelve and twelve like a social drink ;)

Enjoy the pics.

~J

Attachments

WARider

Monkey
May 21, 2003
This has three options now, to the left is a roller, but watch out for the tree at the end. Straight off is a big booter, upwards of 12 feet today, and to the right is the big dog drop. As you will see in pictures below we have plans for it to keep going through the trees to a road gap to tranny, then an immediate 18 ft double double. ;)

Attachments

WARider

Monkey
May 21, 2003
Anyhow, that's it for now... If someone is kind enough to alot for webspace, I've got my friend Jacob busting HUGE off of the big drop and the booter, I even have two clips from today of him pulling hat trick out of his @ss after a near tree collision and one of him using a bush to bail into for cushion ;) BTW, there's lots of over hanging boards that are different size's, instead of using my hand saw and tiring myself out, my friends going to just come out with the cheating tool and take care of the bits and pieces to clean her up and make her look purty. But she's study and ready for action.

L8r
~J

Attachments

Chuckwagon

Chimp
Feb 14, 2004
Albany, OR
Not to dawg all your hard work, but....

What's up with nailing to trees? That's bad for the tree and is dangerous for the people who eventually log and saw the tree into lumber. Not to mention, it looks really bad when you nail a 2x4 to a tree.

Stunts should enhance the trail and the terrain in the immediate area. I doubt a stunt does such if you have to be nailing stuff to trees. (IMHO)

WARider

Monkey
May 21, 2003
Originally posted by Chuckwagon

What's up with nailing to trees? That's bad for the tree and is dangerous for the people who eventually log and saw the tree into lumber. Not to mention, it looks really bad when you nail a 2x4 to a tree.

Stunts should enhance the trail and the terrain in the immediate area. I doubt a stunt does such if you have to be nailing stuff to trees. (IMHO)
Yeah, I didn't really want to build to trees but it's really hard to get a free standing NorthShore style bridge through the tree's without doing so, especially at 12 feet up. We are confining our building to one spot on a very small area of the hill in order to minimize the nails in the tree's. That's all I got to say about this, my other post was already hijacked by this subject before, I'm hoping to steer clear of that subject in this post so others can just enjoy our work and not bash it.

But I hear yah...

Chuckwagon

Chimp
Feb 14, 2004
Albany, OR
Originally posted by WARider
but it's really hard to get a free standing NorthShore style bridge through the tree's without doing so,
www.gfra.org is a good reference. All of their ladder bridges are supported by "posts" They find down trees which are cut into posts, then they dig a hole, 2 to 3 ft deep and place the post in the hole. Everything gfra builds is encredibly sturdy and well thought out.

Chuckwagon

Chimp
Feb 14, 2004
Albany, OR
Oh, and the other thing...

Others look to ridemonkey as a trail / stunt building reference. When people see pics of stunts nailed to trees, some might get the impression that it is okay. Or, if Land Owners see pics like that, they might refuse to allow trail building because they asume people will be nailing to trees.

All and all, its a bad idea. Bad for the sport.

ps- sorry to hijack your thread.

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
Originally posted by Chuckwagon

where have I heard this before........:p

nice looking stuff man. where in WA is this located again?

WARider

Monkey
May 21, 2003
Originally posted by ArEm7
Is the tranny on that big drop better than it looks? It appears a little flat for a 12 footer.
It's a bit flat but it goes downhill, we are in the process of building it up.

I'll see if I can work on using the post ideas, it's hard enough to get this stuff up alone as my friends are lazy @sses and don't work for sh!t.

WARider

Monkey
May 21, 2003
Originally posted by Ice Bullit
I know that someone posted this pic before but I just had to do it here:
Come on out man, we went out there today in the rain and hit up the trails, I watched while my friends rode the slippery approaches but it was still fun to get out and ride, rain or not. We are headed to Seatac tomorrow, one of my friends was out there for the first time two days ago and won't shut up about it so were going to go check it out. If any of you are out there, look for the "Giant" guys, Chris is on the AC1, I'm the short stock on the Giant DH comp with a dorado and my friend Jacob the ripper is on the Giant DH comp with a shiver.

WARider

Monkey
May 21, 2003
Just got back from a days journey to Seatac, followed by exit 27. All I can say is Seatac is siiiiiiiiiick and 27 is pro level for sheezy! My friend cleaned about 80% of 27 and all of Seatac, as for me it was about 80% of Seatac and zilch at the exit.

I thought our trail was pretty burly, wow was I wrong, 27 is insaine! Anyhow, just wondering what ya'll think of 27, I had to keep picking my jaw up off the floor as my friend busted out. I guess my new ride title is going to be "camera man" because that's all I did at 27 :eek: :eek: :confused: :( :p