Quantcast

Tahoe pics.

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
We have the lemans style starts on our endurance races too. I guess it culls out the weak so the fast dont have to put up with slower racers right off the bat?!?

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
The Le Mans style run is designed to spread everyone out so as not to have 300 or so riders jamming the course at the same time. What was impressive at my first 24 Hour race last year was to see a guy (I think his name was Brett) with no legs running with crutches for the start, and he was passing so many people!
________
SILVERSURFER VAPORIZER

Last edited:

Spud

Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Idaho (no really!)
Awesome, some of the those folks can totally rip. Saw a very impressive skier ripping it up off piste with one leg. She just blew us away.

BTW - Ridemonkey did you tag-team it or go solo?

R

RideMonkey

Originally posted by spincrazy
You're insane.;)

Yeah, how many on your team, and how many laps did you do?
Any mechanical probs?
We had 4 on our team. The course was very rocky and flats were common. Our team was fortunate to have 0 flats or mechanicals (except some light troubles which I am going to rant about in a separate thread).

I did 6 laps. Since the best Pro-Duo teams did 9 per rider, I'm thinking I might be able to do that class next year.

Eintrach

Chimp
Jul 3, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Great pics Aaron. I post mine when I get them developed. Can't wait for the race in Moab..... If I don't qualify for the Xterra Championchips on Sept 22nd in Tahoe, I am thinking about doing the 24 hour race in Boise.

R

RideMonkey

Originally posted by Eintrach
Great pics Aaron. I post mine when I get them developed. Can't wait for the race in Moab..... If I don't qualify for the Xterra Championchips on Sept 22nd in Tahoe, I am thinking about doing the 24 hour race in Boise.
Yeah I wish I could go to Boise. No way I'm doin another 40 hour drive this year! My truck broke down the day after I got back. Hows that for luck! You got a team for Boise?