Quantcast

Take Along Tools - You WILL Need Them Sooner Or Later

Old_Dude

Monkey
I was so glad I took mine along - Thursday I went for a ride & about a mile & a half along the trail I found my handlebars were loose. I had only started taking my tools with me last week & I'm really glad I had them. It was a great feeling to be able to fix my bike - even the simplest of repairs - right there on the trail.

None of the LBS's in my area carry the Crank Brothers multi-tool, so I just stuff some allen wrenches & collapsable screwdriver & et cetera in my bag to take along. Someday I will have a CB multi-tool, but for now, I'm doing the next best thing.

Get the tools - take the tools.

Remember - it's not if, but when you'll need them.

D

Dave-in-Md

Serveral of us were out riding when one noticed his rear triangle of his Jamis FS had broken in two! Luckily, we had stopped for a break(no pun intended), and the prev section was a slow technical one, so he didn't wreck. It held together for the rest of the ride with an allen wrench-placed lengthwise along the stay, held on with duct tape(which you can keep wound around your seatpost. You wouldn't believe the number of times I've bailed out someone with just the minimal amount of tools I carry.

madbiker

Chimp
Jul 6, 2001
Nor Cal
Tools are a must. I have a park tool allen wrench set and my Topeak Alien that i take on all my rides. Get those two tools and u can do anything. While i do bring tire levers, the alien has two built in, for an added bonus.

Speaking of other supplies, zip ties and duct tape are good to bring as well.

KrusteeButt

I can't believe its not butter!
Jul 3, 2001
why the hell do YOU care?!
For me, there are 2 that'll take care of just about all...
A travel set of Allens and a Leatherman.
Believe me, it's nice to have the pliers and/or the knife blade sometimes.
Well, I s'pose a spoke wrench would be good to have handy too...but I personally have yet to need one on a trail (knock on cyber-wood!).