Quantcast

Take note.

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
Old ElPaso makes horrible salsa. Had what they consider their spiciest salsa, but at first taste I realized that I have had water that was spicier.

J

JRB

the Inbred said:
the so-called salsa i had at Whistler was horrible. it was like an onion, pepper, tomato salad.

Add cilantro and that's pico.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
the Inbred said:
the so-called salsa i had at Whistler was horrible. it was like an onion, pepper, tomato salad.
canadian food sucks but it doesn't matter in whistler because you're so hungry and waitress is a hottie. If you want comedy, go to a tex-mex restaurant in germany.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
yeah, but its better than tacosmell's salsa

ever try newmans pineapple?

I usually buy the salsa that needs to be refrigged at the store

J

JRB

Brian HCM#1 said:
Freash salsa rules, the beauty of living in California.................Mexican food kicks ass!!!!!!

I thought everyone was Chinese in northern California. :think: Am I wrong??? ;)

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
loco-gringo said:

In the actual Bay area, yes.. there is a huge asian population, but drive 40min east into the central valley and BAM New-Mexico ;)

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
dan-o said:
canadian food sucks but it doesn't matter in whistler because you're so hungry and waitress is a hottie.
right you are. and after a few beers, it gets even better.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
loco-gringo said:

you are a little wrong...there is a large asian population...large hispanic population...large middle eastern population...and a huge hippy population...and a huge transplant population...quite a diverse crowd here...I rarely meet another native Californian...but when you see us...we're all blond and we all surf and drink Sunkist orange soda...

J

JRB

OK - here's the deal. I have only been to Tahoe in CA. I made up the Chinese thing to be funny. I realize now that diversity is nothing to joke about there. You bitches still got nothing on our hot sauces. :eviltongu

Fathead

Monkey
May 6, 2003
SE TX
loco-gringo said:
You bitches still got nothing on our hot sauces. :eviltongu
I work in a town with FOURTEEN Mexican restaurants for a population of ~50,000 people. That's not counting the Taco Bell, or all the donut and kolache shops that ALSO sell tacos, or all the little stop'n'rob's that ALSO sell tacos, or the roach-coaches (those suckers are EVERYWHERE). Here, if you don't like the salsa, walk out and go next door or across the street to another Mexican joint. Out of the 14 Mexican shops I only eat at 4, 'cuz the other 10 are just less savory variations.

I was reviewing what I had eaten a few weeks ago and realized I had eaten some sort of taco FIVE DAYS IN A ROW. Fresh salsa is awesome, but I have 2 kids and 1.5 jobs, so it's a low priority. I buy Pace by the gallon, and my neighborhood grocery store sells good fresh pico. My frig at home has sauces from TX to Belize. There are at least 3 different bottles of hot sauce in this office.

I was w/a Mexican-American coworker in Austin a while back and we went to a highly-regarded (magazine reviews, etc) Mexican place downtown. She bit into a chip loaded w/"salsa" then laughed, "Dude, THIS is Ro-Tel." I tried it. . . she was right. I dunno how (or if) they survived in ATX serving that. That town is covered w/good Mexican joints.

J

JRB

There are tons of them. Temple is 55,000 and there are like 14 here too. 5 chinese joints as well. One steak house and the cheapest beef is $35 at night. There is one just out of town that is better and cheaper. I have good and bad. I like pace OK. My mother in law tries to make this strawberry stuff and I just can't buy into that. I don't like any salsa that is heated. yuck.

Fathead

Monkey
May 6, 2003
SE TX
loco-gringo said:
There are tons of them. Temple is 55,000 and there are like 14 here too. 5 chinese joints as well. One steak house and the cheapest beef is $35 at night. There is one just out of town that is better and cheaper. I have good and bad. I like pace OK. My mother in law tries to make this strawberry stuff and I just can't buy into that. I don't like any salsa that is heated. yuck.
I never tried strawberries in a salsa. I have made salsas w/mango and w/papaya (separate recipes), tho. VERY good. My wife makes kicka$$ tomatillo salsa.

A warm salsa can be good, but I don't see the point.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
fredericksburg has a couple mexican restaurants that are baaaaaaaadass, and cheap. a friend of mine just opened up a place called Bejas, which is sort of SW'ern dishes with a "baja" twist. i guess. i don't know...but anyway, they have a special salsa that has a citrus kick. it's muy bueno.