Quantcast

Talk to me about Mavic wheels....

Oct 11, 2010
I have an old set of Mavic SC wheels from mid 2000's and I just picked up a new Fox Float with the 15mm axles.... My old set of wheels is not compatible with the through axles, so i am looking for options.

Is it possible to buy a Mavic hub that is compatible? Mavic SX? And lace it to my wheels and use my current spokes?

Give me the scoop! Thanks guys.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Man, I don't even know what a crossmax sc is, but they've been using that straight pull zicral spoke setup forever. You're basically trying to salvage rims out of a what.....10 year old set of wheels?

I can't image the cost of some new wheels would be that much more money and hassle than just buying the new hub. You know those wheels come dialed. I'd just sell what you have honestly. Those things are a bltch to rebuild.

I've got a set of 26" SX wheels I could measure the spokes if you really want to do this. I'd be surprised if the spoke length was the same but hey......they do look like a hassle to make, so maybe they are.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Got a picture of the wheel and hub? Not familiar with the SC, are they a Crossmax wheelset? or a traditional wheelset with Mavic parts?

Unless you have enough ID clearance to machine an adapter for the hub, like you can with the Crossmax XLs, and your own lathe to do the machine-work on, you're better off buying a cheap wheel.