Quantcast

Tantrum Cycles

Turbo Monkey
Jun 29, 2016
Going to be at cyclofest (Charlotte, NC) this year?
I'm not sure. I may have a commitment to taichung bike week, which they conveniently schedule Oct 17-20. To do both....i would need help that i'm not sure I'll have. I'll post a notice if I am.

Tantrum Cycles

Turbo Monkey
Jun 29, 2016
Have a full stealth black one of these yet? Gotta update that branding too! Next run!
The metallic black is the closest thing right now. although I have a customer that ordered a custom battleship grey, but with red rockers. Not exactly stealth.

Next run will be different. partly, because custom powder coating is expensive and massively time consuming.

As for branding, at the moment, I'm just happy to have something relatively clean and non offensive to most people. I'm sure you remember the silly string version

Tantrum Cycles

Turbo Monkey
Jun 29, 2016
Frames looking good. I agree with Dumb about branding, could do w more subtle stuff for us low key folk.
Thanks. Keep in mind, most of these I'm posting are customer choices. The Redrum rapidly overtook black as soon as I offered it. Doesn't really matter too much to me, except the pita of doing it all. And the Purple? Ya, my wife's not that low key.

This is the stealthiest standard paint
black production 1.jpg

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
The metallic black is the closest thing right now. although I have a customer that ordered a custom battleship grey, but with red rockers. Not exactly stealth.

Next run will be different. partly, because custom powder coating is expensive and massively time consuming.

As for branding, at the moment, I'm just happy to have something relatively clean and non offensive to most people. I'm sure you remember the silly string version
Cool... yeah, post up a pic of that.

Re: branding. The type is ok, but the head badge is definitely offensive! :P Would be cleaner w/o that!

Tantrum Cycles

Turbo Monkey
Jun 29, 2016
Cool... yeah, post up a pic of that.

Re: branding. The type is ok, but the head badge is definitely offensive! :P Would be cleaner w/o that!
well, you know, sometimes, I can't help myself......

I actually have a more subtle head badge design, but it still needs work.

I'm sure at some point, there will be some hip, young graphic design artist employed that uses terms I hate like colorfuckingways and color blocking and such and will make it look like everything else.

In the meantime, I'm just happy I can be delivering bikes right now...

this is my ride, can't get much stealther
frame on floor 2.jpg

Tantrum Cycles

Turbo Monkey
Jun 29, 2016
got some action pics from an early backer. Alex G from
alex gibb jump.jpg
BC, Maddy Armstrong phot credits. Location, Magic Kingdom and Whistler
alex gibbs whistler.jpg

alex gibb roots s.jpg

Tantrum Cycles

Turbo Monkey
Jun 29, 2016
13 frames delivered, including one complete bike. I am including the lizard shown above, even though he won't have it for a few days (fedex).

At least 5 that I know of are already built and being ridden. 3 in Canada, 1 in Norway and 1 in Ca. A few more in the US will be built up and riding this week. another Canadian as well.

This week will see 3-5 more shipped. Then I'm off to Taiwan to try to get the qc things fixed, I'm tired of making bushings. Need to make sure the next run is spot on.

Then back to build up and ship the rest (about 30 more). The first run is gone.

Tantrum Cycles

Turbo Monkey
Jun 29, 2016
Does G stand for "Going to castrate myself with my new frame sans seatpost/seat"?
No shit. I had to do a double take and ask him. He had ordered a dropper that hadn't arrived. His rigid post wouldn't go down far enough for the drops so he just removed it. Said he does it all the time.