Quantcast

Tariffs = Extra consumer costs?

Electric_City

Torture wrench
Apr 14, 2007
I'm so curious now!! What does he do and how did our courageous leader secure his employment :confused:
My industry hasn't had job growth in a decade. The new job has government contracts with the DOD and other defense companies. My new employer has just built a new facility and will double in size this year alone. We're now getting involved with other industries that are expanding at the same time we are. They're having trouble finding employees. What's that mean? I was offered more money to come to my new job with better benifits.

Good enough for you?

Last edited:

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
The new job has government contracts with the DOD and other defense companies.
So you joined up with the military industrial complex? Good for you, but Trump didn't rescue that industry like an Obama car industry bail out. The DOD contracts have been doing just fine for pretty much forever.

Electric_City

Torture wrench
Apr 14, 2007
Wanna see a snowflake melt?

This year I got a "raise from the government"! That's the first time in 22 years that happened.

My wife and I got back an extra $1,200 this year when we did our taxes!

Next year we're going to get back an additional $1,500 according to the accountant who did our taxes!

My 401k has been on the up for a year now!

My new employer is paying me more, better benifits, more towards my 401k ... Awesome!

Here's the company that we're currently doing work for! GD and Lockheed are another 2 big ones for us!
https://www.thorlabs.com/navigation.cfm

So I got a raise from the government, got a better paying job, got more money back in my taxes, will get more money back next year... Yeah, this president really sucks:banana:

Last edited:

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru

This year I got a "raise from the government"! That's the first time in 22 years that happened.

Next year we're going to get back an additional $1,500 according to the accountant who did our taxes!

My new employer is paying me more, better benifits, more towards my 401k ... Awesome!

Here's the company that we're currently doing work for! GD and Lockheed are another 2 big ones for us!

So I got a raise from the government, got a better paying job, got more money back in my taxes, will get more money back next year... Yeah, this president really sucks:banana:
i found 20 bucks in my pocket the other day.
thanks Trump!

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
I got a "raise from the government"!
My wife and I got back an extra $1,200
We're going to get back an additional $1,500!

So I got a raise from the government, got a better paying job, got more money back in my taxes, will get more money back next year.
We're all so glad you got yours! And fuck everyone else, right!? You've successfully melted all the snowflakes in your general vicinity.

Since we're telling stories about random individuals, I know lots of good salt of the earth, beard sporting, beer drinking, might have voted for trump type people who saw immediate slow downs in their industries based on the increased cost of steel. Others saw slowdowns in their industries due to the incoming Chinese tariffs on US products.

And btw whatever happened to the republicans who wanted to balance the budget? I liked that idea. The whole cutting taxes without reducing spending thing has a serious flaw in it.

PS What did Trump do to get you that better paying job? Or do you just like Trump so much that you're willing to attribute something you did on your own to him?

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Last edited:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator

When do trump's tax rates actually go into effect?

Thanks obama!
:rofl:

They were also cut three times in the last 17 years. You must be doing okay of none of those applied to you.

A buddy of mine who runs a fabrication shop (and used to make bikes) said his steel costs just under doubled overnight a few weeks ago. Are we great again yet? Or just you? Which I get the feeling you wouldn't know the difference. I guess we needed a new N8 who can't see much past fox news and a slightly larger number on at least one line in the list of numbers on your taxes.

Last edited:

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK

This is pretty much the entire problem with our country, the attitude is "I got mine, and F-everyone else". So many people these days just think about themselves and what they can get. Even though they proclaim ultimate patriotism and support the military by voting to send them to die in endless wars, I find a much greater sense of community and unity in other countries the days that are eclipsing/exceeding our quality of life in the US. I'd much rather have money going towards solving homeless problems, infrastructure, poverty, rehabilitation, and other worthwhile pursuits, than tax breaks for Electric City.

Electric_City

Torture wrench
Apr 14, 2007
a buddy of mine who runs a fabrication shop (and used to make bikes) said his steel costs just under doubled overnight a few weeks ago. Are we great again yet? Or just you?
I'm doing fucking great! Give me your buddies name and number (as long as he makes frames in the Good ol' USA). Now that I got my "government raise" I can afford to pay him more! See how that works? Cha-ching!!

Ps. The tariff is 10% on aluminum and 25% on steel. Luckily Trump is working on our education system too.

Last edited:

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
I'm doing fucking great! Give me your buddies name and number (as long as he makes frames in the Good ol' USA). Now that I got my "government raise" I can afford to pay him more! See how that works? Cha-ching!!
Good to know you support raising the minimum wage.

Ps. The tariff is 10% on aluminum and 25% on steel. Luckily Trump is working on our education system too.
I'm curious what legislation you think has been enacted in regards to our education system. I'm not sure cutting education funding counts.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator

I know what the tariffs are they're still just a proposal. And like your imaginary taxes this year, aren't a result of anything that's actually policy yet. The point is what it does to other markets. Even when they THINK they know what's going to happen.

Electric_City

Torture wrench
Apr 14, 2007
Even when they THINK they know what's going to happen.
So we DON'T KNOW what's going to happen. Neither of us do. Nobody on here does. Neither do the so called "professional analysts" on CNN, NBC, or fox. So why argue about it?

I just wanna say something about that previous post about how Trump is helping me and hurting everyone else- Apparently obama, bush and cliton helped you for 24 years and "hurt everyone else" also. This time you're on the other side. Damn straight I'm happy Trump is helping me for a change! Lol! Don't call the kettle black.

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
I just wanna say something about that previous post about how Trump is helping me and hurting everyone else- Apparently obama, bush and cliton helped you for 24 years and "hurt everyone else" also. This time you're on the other side. Damn straight I'm happy Trump is helping me for a change! Lol! Don't call the kettle black.
Ah....So you're a Russian oligarch?

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
So we DON'T KNOW what's going to happen. Neither of us do. Nobody on here does. Neither do the so called "professional analysts" on CNN, NBC, or fox. So why argue about it?
Because you don't know history if you truly don't know how this pans out. We're in a much more interdependent economy now. We've done this before. Other countries have done this before. We DO know how this turns out. Go look up Smoot Hawley. Take special note of the timelines.

Obama/bush/Clinton both helped and hurt what I do in many ways, that's a huge span. That's what you don't get.....it's not just about short term gains or losses. That's how a baby thinks at snack time. Much how a coastal elite who was born rich and hence given all the room in the world to fail and declare bankruptcy multiple times and still come out smelling like roses still thinks. Unless you're making a good bit more money than most, your vaulted new tax structure pretty much reverses itself in 5 years. I can only care so much because I don't have kids. But there's a lot you obviously don't know the whole picture on. Or just don't give a shit because you don't realize what your tax refund is really going to amount to next year with much fewer deductions.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
lol wut? Are you drunk? Cause you sound like that one dumb Trump voting uncle when he's drunk.

Us conservatives suffered for 8 years under Obama!!! Now it's our time!!! WOOOOOO MAGA USA USA USA

Tell us how you suffered poor baby?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Funny. I have been getting good raises for ten years straight. I guess I just work hard and don't rely on government contracts or corporate welfare.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
I really wish trump would bring back audio cassette tape manufacturing, after what happened to all those poor poor 8 track tape player manufactures. I cant even believe we would let that happen to cd manufacturing. Think if all the people that based their lives on making that stuff.

I really dont understand the people that refuse to leave a dying town with a dying industry because their grandpa did it the same work. The grandpa moved their for the job because he wanted to start a better life. He probably moved from some place that sucked with a sucky job.

Wreaking yard like the tariffs, hope rock autos prices go up and more people want used parts. Also trucking here at the border is going insane. Everyone is expanding and wants more space that doesnt exist. Which means more stuff is being imported. But wait isnt it the republican america that loves eating McDonald's and shopping at Walmart for cheap stuff. boggles the mind really.

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
I really wish trump would bring back audio cassette tape manufacturing, after what happened to all those poor poor 8 track tape player manufactures. I cant even believe we would let that happen to cd manufacturing. Think if all the people that based their lives on making that stuff.

I really dont understand the people that refuse to leave a dying town with a dying industry because their grandpa did it the same work. The grandpa moved their for the job because he wanted to start a better life. He probably moved from some place that sucked with a sucky job.
But Grandpapy made a fortune in them thar hills!