Quantcast

Tedesco to Return This Saturday at Washougal

Oct 20, 2009
<p>The 2012 Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship travels northwest to take on the eighth round of the series at the Washougal National in Washougal, Wash., this Saturday, July 21st. Monster Energy/Pro Circuit/Kawasaki’s Ivan Tedesco will make his return to the 250 class after sitting the past three weeks out due to injury. Blake Baggett, current 250 class points leader, was faced with a few obstacles at last Saturday’s race at the Spring Creek National, but is putting it behind him and is now looking to stretch out his 18-point lead at Washougal. Teammate Broc Tickle is focusing on staying consistent this weekend. He currently sits fifth in 450 point standings, and expects to put in two solid motos in order to gain valuable championship points and move up the ranks. </p><p>
</p><p>
<b>The Return of Tedesco</b></p><p>
Ivan Tedesco was sidelined for three weeks due to a kidney injury sustained earlier in the season. He’s all healed up and is now set to get back in the game this Saturday at Washougal. </p><p>
</p><p>
“I had to take three weeks off the bike for my kidney injury,” said Tedesco. “I’m looking forward to getting back on the starting line at Washougal.”</p><p>
</p><p>
<b>Keeping the Wheels on the Ground</b></p><p>
After claiming a victory at the Washougal National in 2011, Baggett is approaching this year’s race with the confidence that he can dominate at Washougal for the second consecutive year. The top three riders in the 250 class are close in points but, after crashing last week and finishing third overall, Baggett is more motivated than ever to take another win and stretch out his points lead. </p><p>
</p><p>
"I'm looking to get a top 3 start and work up to the front," said Baggett. "But I'd like to keep the wheels on the ground…"</p><p>
</p><p>
<b>Staying Solid Before the Break</b></p><p>
After being plagued with misfortune the past two weekends, Tickle is focusing on his starts and keeping his bike on two wheels. He looks to stay strong, keep it consistent, and end on a high note before the series goes on break.</p><p>
</p><p>
"The last two weekends I've had crashes in one of the motos on the weekends," said Tickle. "So the goal this weekend is to get good starts, stay on two wheels and have a solid weekend before the break."</p><p>
</p><p>
<b>Autograph Signing at Motosport Hillsboro on Friday</b></p><p>
If you’re in the area, be sure to stop by Motosport Hillsboro in Hillsboro, Ore., on Friday, July 20, from 6:00pm – 7:00pm to meet the team, grab some autographs and take a few photos. </p><p>
</p><p>
Date: Friday, July 20, 2012</p><p>
Time: 6:00pm – 7:00pm</p><p>
</p><p>
Motosport Hillsboro </p><p>
809 NE 28th Avenue</p><p>
Hillsboro, Oregon 97124</p>

More...