Quantcast

Tequila drinks

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Need ideas........not margaritas....I'm getting sick of the sweet.

Been sipping some on ice but even that gets old.

I have a problem going to costco and NOT buying patron and this casadores stuff because it's so cheap. So what do I do with this stuff to get it down the gullet?

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
kidwoo said:

Been sipping some on ice but even that gets old.

I have a problem going to costco and NOT buying patron and this casadores stuff because it's so cheap. So what do I do with this stuff to get it down the gullet?

I have a very simple solution.

GIMMIE GIMMIE.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
kidwoo said:
I never get tired of good margs. Don't use a mix or too much sweetener. It's all about the balance...with good tequila I like just fresh lime juice and just a splash of triple sec or cointreau, lime wedge, ice...mmmmmm.

Qman

Monkey
Feb 7, 2005
I tend to think mixing Patron is a sin but it isn't the end of the world. If you can't stand the "Margarita Mix" like I can't, try mixing your own. Juice or muddle some lemons and limes, add a little simple syrup (or water and powdered/superfine sugar) so you control the sweetness then add a lot of tequila. Shake over ice and strain into a martini glass. Maybe give it a float of Grand M, Citronge, or Cointreau. Mix it up a bit and use grapfruit or oranges. I think Reposados mix the best. Silvers are great shooters and Anejos really are best for sipping sessions.
Having a Bolthouse Farms Mango Lemonade and Milagro reposado right now....er...scratch that...just finished one. Moving on to Full Sail Amber Ale now.
There's a great 4+ year anejo made by Tonala (no, not the little ceramic jug. That's a 2 year.). A little tough to find but very tasty. You're fortunate that you live in a state where liquor is in Costco. WA is pretty strict and we only get wine and beer there.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Bloody Maria

2 1/2 oz. Cabo Wabo Blanco Tequila,
1/2 oz. Lemon Juice,
5 oz. Tomato Juice,
dash Tabasco Sauce,
1 Lime Wedge,
1 Celery Stalk,
1/8 tsp. Celery Salt,
1/8 tsp. Pepper,

For more: www.cabowabo.com

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
douglas said:
Bloody Maria

2 1/2 oz. Cabo Wabo Blanco Tequila,
1/2 oz. Lemon Juice,
5 oz. Tomato Juice,
dash Tabasco Sauce,
1 Lime Wedge,
1 Celery Stalk,
1/8 tsp. Celery Salt,
1/8 tsp. Pepper,

For more: www.cabowabo.com
Ooh. Now we're talkin.

Yeah it's definitely the sweetness that kills me with the mixes. I guess I'll experiment with homemade ritas.

You're fortunate that you live in a state where liquor is in Costco
Yes and no.;)