Quantcast

terrible upper back pain... contest in two days

crkt

Monkey
Nov 5, 2008
In the woods
my back has been giving me shiit for a few days now, its hurts like crazy when I try to run, manual, bunnyhop... its hard to pick out a specific action that stimulates pain but its just a dull constant pain that flares up during the above mentioned activities.

running my thumb up my spine I can feel a vertebrae about midway between my shoulder blades that is sticking out just a little more than the others that I am assuming at the moment is the problem.

has anybody experienced this before or has any advice? it feels like the type of pain that should just disappear if only I could my back properly to put it in perspective, any suggestions? chiropractor? stretching?

thanks for any help

Drunken_Ninja

Turbo Monkey
Aug 25, 2002
Hangin' with Riggs and Mertah
i have had back issues in the past. I have posted about it before too there is another thread. The gist is if your back is stretched out properly it will all fall back into place and a chiropractor is not required. One of those big fitness rubber balls is needed to roll your back over in its entire length.

I also reccomend indica for pain to reduce any swelling with it.

The most common issues with back pain and athletes seem to come from carrying hydration systems on their backs. just a warning that all straps have to be fastened properly.

rub 'n' tizzugs are expensive yo!

crkt

Monkey
Nov 5, 2008
In the woods
a response on another forum was scary enough to get me into a chiropractors. basically a had a misaligned vertebrae that was affecting my breathing and any/all back movement, he did lots of popping and crcking twisting and turning... I will not get to compete this weekend but hell at least its going to get better now instead of worse and worse everyday. Ill definitely take your recommendation on medication once finals are over :biggrin:

btw this is what the scary dude said... a little dramatic but hey what do i know about injuries like this

If you don't want to be paralyzed for the rest of your life you need to
1. Move as little as possible specifically your neck/shoulder area
2. GET YOUR ASS TO THE HOSPITAL NOW!!!-Call 911 if need be and tell them what you have stated here-YOU MAY HAVE A FRACTURED SPINE!

As a pro-patroller I see these types of injuries all to often-sometimes they are nothing -often they can be LIFE ALTERING-do not risk your well being , get it checked out ASAP