Quantcast

Test of METAL '05 (scream it like Dee Snyder)

lucky13

Chimp
Jun 3, 2005
Seattle, WA
A little debriefing:

Ken from www.thetrialsinshop.com headed up organization this year as Robin Coope steped aside to finish his pursuit of Genius status in academia. Ken scaled down the obstacles from ridiculous huge (read: logging trucks and 20' up balance lines :dancing: ) to semi-ridiculous logs on the ground or braced from truck trailor to top of minivan for a drop from minivan to ground and exit type stuff. There was a volvo to up onto complete with tarpaper tacked to the roof and hoods since the sleeting rain never let up on us the whole comp. That didn't stop us though, mud, rain, lack of brakes,.. we didn't care, cause we came to ride the burly stuff that they don't have here in the states.

I competed in expert mostly due to pride, though the later start time is always alluring. I did hang with my peers though and fived out of all but two sections. I need to work on my vertical up's since a few of the sections were immediate 4' up with no assist, the worst one being a very large spool on it's side (read: no hook possible). Props to the "Perv" for scoring second place, he has been practicing for sure.

I think there are a couple pics on Ken's site, and if you email him he could point you in the right direction as far as a new rig goes, he has all the toys.

Joel

bikerpunk98199

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2005
the hood
did i hear a butch its either jerry or joel i wonder both were at the test of metal and both are from seattle hmmm. o well ride on.

p.s. thanks for the name pudin haha
-spit