Quantcast

!!!tgif gmt lol!!!

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Wake up slackers, I should be the last person responsible for these things.

Slept outside last night to test out my new winter sleeping bag. It was 2* when I woke up. Wore minimal clothing and slept like a baby. Great success.

Last edited:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
LMFAO!

Hi monkeys. Happy Friday! 7 degrees this morning in my neck of the woods...much more tolerable than that Crabjoe weather. Heading up to Mount Snow tonight for our first ski weekend of the new season. HOORAY!

No breakfast sandwiches in the cafeteria this morning. Figures. This was like the only morning I didn't make breakfast at home. Hmph. It is clam chowder day though. :weee:

Went to bed at 8:30 last night. FAIL. Or success. I can't decide which.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Good morning.
Its like 37 here (since we're doing weather check) and going to beautiful today.

I actually fell asleep before 8:30, watching the football game. Woke up on the couch around midnight and had my sleep all f'ed up.

I <3 clam chowder.

Coffee in hand. Have a great day, yo.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Wake up slackers, I should be the last person responsible for these things.

Slept outside last night to test out my new winter sleeping back. It was 2* when I woke up. Wore minimal clothing and slept like a baby. Great success.
And what if the test was a complete and total "fail?" You would not be posting this GMT! ;):D

Glad it was a success though! :D:D

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!

CrabJoe.....seriously....you slept outside?...with a comfortable house next to you? To test out a sleeping bag that had already been tested before it left the factory? You crazy outdoorsy type-folk!! :bonk:

Just hanging at the house, getting the stove cranked up for another day of combustion. Going for another cup of coffee....this french press is clearly the superior method of brewing. I can't believe I hadn't seen the light before..:D

Heading over to the trails for some digging later on today. It's still too cold for packing anything properly as our water source(creek) has frozen solid, but when we get a break in the cold, there's going to be some massive shovel slapping going on! :thumb:

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
I woke up extra hung over, ride to work was killing me then I realized I don't normally ride with a 50 pound back pack on.

I think I will leave work early and go riding.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
mornin'.
got some more snow last night might get the skinny skis out this weekend if the trails are decent.

last night found out a buddy & former roommate I lost touch with died last week. I was not surprised but still bummed out about it. he was an alcoholic. what a waste.

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
Hungover....

making beer after I get off work today. I spend most of yesterday prepping my brew gear and putting up a massive tarp so I can stay dry while I brew.

I found out there are some pretty nice dirt jumps 2 miles from my house.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Morning all.

Made some burgers on my new infrared gas grill last night. The burgers came out amazing. I also drank beer and watched the walking dead. Successful night.

Today, my work is having a white elephant gift exchange. This should be interesting. I contributed with a $25 Apple store gift card. I am also supposed to get a package from TLD today with some new gear for a photoshoot I am doing tomorrow morning (5:30am) on my DH bike.

Series finals for a local DH series on Sunday too.

Oh, and my truck is finally going to be returned to me on Sunday too. Granted it took almost 3 months for this to happen because our mechanic was doing this all as a side project... but the truck has a brand new rebuilt motor, new brakes, and cv boots. It was worth the wait because it cost 1/3 of what a normal shop would charge for everything.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning!

Weather check - F'n Cold!!! It was 2 at my house when I left for school at 7:30am.
Kids are playing well and we're starting to draw a crowd outside my room. Students & staff keep stopping and peeping in the windows when we're playing our Christmas duets/trios/quartets :) Guess we sound good!

Hunting for Bambi's parents (preferably the big buck I keep seeing when I am not hunting and in my car) tomorrow and wrapping presents while enjoying some Christmas cheer (in the form of oatmeal stout or bourbon...haven't decided yet) is all I got on deck for the weekend.

CrabJoe - you're NUTZ! Glad you aren't a crabsicle this morning though :D

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
I tried to explain my internetz crushorz on Treesaw sometime back, but Doug kept telling on me to Sq-Earl, so I thought if I ever wanted to make it up to a Monkeyfest and not look like some redneck e-stalker, I might want to keep all of that to myself. :D
:cupidarrow::wub::kiss::maninlove::girlwink:
You definitely have to make it up to Monkeyfest one of these years!

wait wait wait... TreeSaw is a hunter?
You didn't know that? Wow...I've been hunting for years; even have a lifetime sportsman license here in NYS too. I got a smallish doe last year (a little over 100lbs) but she was tasty and I've got space in my freezer for another :) Wish me luck!