Quantcast

thanks, and a progress report

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
I just wanted to thank those of you who took the time to answer my questions over the last few weeks about workout programs, diet, etc..

I'm settling into what I feel to be a good workout routine. I'm about 2 weeks into it, I'm eating better, feeling better, and getting the exercise I need. My pants/belts are starting to fit better, and my wife even noticed some muscle definition in my arms the other day.

According to the scale, I've lost about 3 lbs, but I'm not sure how accurate that is because of the weight portion of my workouts. I still have to get a tape measure to measure my wiast.

If anyone is interested, you can see my workout routine here (it's an excel spreadsheet). I take the weekend off from any "organized" workouts so I can do something more recrational... hike, mountainbike, kayak, golf, whatever.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Very cool, Jackson! :thumb:

If you are new to lifting weights, you are not going to see too much muscle development for the first 6 weeks or so that you are lifting. During that time, your joints and ligaments will be what gets stronger as they adjust to the new load you are putting on them. Muscle gains will come a little later, although you may be seeing more muscle definition now because of the loss of body fat.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
While I did not know that part about joint/ligament development, I do believe you are right about the perceived muscle definition - I'm pretty sure it has a lot more to do with lost body fat than it does gained muscle mass.