Quantcast

Thanks to everyone who heped me on sunday

fortenndu

Turbo Monkey
Apr 22, 2008
Boone, NC
i ate it pretty hard on my run before seeding at plattekill. i hit a hole in the landing of the big drop in the woods, went over the bars, hit my head and left hand on a rock about 15 feet away, got knocked out and rag dolled down to the tree's next to the corner. i'm really lucky and i only have a concussion, 2 broken bones in my hand, a few dislocated/sprained fingers, a fractured wrist, and some bruised rib/cuts and bruises. apparently my shoulder was separated or something but i don't remember that being fixed. i'm feeling pretty good and i'm going to find out if i need a pin in my wrist tomorrow. thanks to willem, cole, the emts, naish ulmers dad, and anybody else that i don't remember.
it's hard to edit the footage jamie got with one hand so i made a short teaser, it's pretty bad but it's the best i could do for now.
http://www.pinkbike.com/video/19884/
i'll have a higher def one up in a bit.

p.s. sorry for the horrible english, this one handed thing is challenging.

edit- psp got a picture of me being put into the ambulence

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
wow rough deal! heal up yo!

Glad to see the attitude of Plattekiller's hasn't changed and that there were plenty of people on hand to help out.

ridiculous

Turbo Monkey
Jan 18, 2005
MD / NoVA
i'm really lucky and i only have a concussion, 2 broken bones in my hand, a few dislocated/sprained fingers, a fractured wrist, and some bruised rib/cuts and bruises. apparently my shoulder was separated or something but i don't remember that being fixed. i'm feeling pretty good and i'm going to find out if i need a pin in my wrist tomorrow. thanks to willem, cole, the emts, naish ulmers dad, and anybody else that i don't remember.

Thats the attitude from a badass! Heal up quick. :cheers:

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
Glad to hear your OK, I had the same thing nearly happen to me when I ended up going a little nose heavy to the right on that drop and pounded my front wheel in that hole/rock afterward.

Heeling vibes dude

BBBSwan05

Monkey
Dec 19, 2004
Man, i was right there and saw the whole thing. looked bad.
I dont know if your friends told you but i fell on that same section literally 1 min before you did. you were pretty out of it when i saw you later on by the bike wash but i was surprised you came back.
good luck with the healing process and dont try to rush into thing too fast or youll regret it in the long run...
take it easy for a bit and youll be ripping it up in no time.

ps- you might wana get a new front lever for you bike. other than that i was surprised how well it held up through the tumbling haha.

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
Glad to hear you are OK - just take it SLOW... concussions are something you don't want to accumulate... consecutive frags in Halo 3 or an annual return of 25% on an investment - sure, but concussions...? No.

:)

fortenndu

Turbo Monkey
Apr 22, 2008
Boone, NC
Concussions been cleared for a week now, the broken hand was cleared yesterday. I'm going to try to do DH and DS at the Open but depending on how my hand feels I may just do DS.

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
Sounds like a good plan - I had a pretty bad wreck myself last year and stayed off the bike for a while until everything was healed.

Be safe, and have fun at the Open!

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
heal up quick man, typing onre handed is easy been doing it foer weeks now and im pro (thanks to a broken wrist). just type with a "screw grammar and spelling" attitude and youll be unstoppable.

anyway, w/ that attitude youll be better in no tiome!