Quantcast

That maxxis tire they just came out with that no one seems to give a shlt about

marshalolson

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2006
More on this please! Very interested in the Happy Medium but almost no word on it. I was worried the middle bit, despite being semi slick was still soft rubber and would still be kind of slow. But apart from the it seems like the perfect tire for a pedally track, which we have a lot of. I've never ridden a semi-slick before though, let alone in DH.
they are very good tires. roll fast, hook up as well anything similar, etc. just don't expect them to brake like a minion or whatever. they brake like a small block 8.

bholwell

Chimp
Mar 19, 2011
Knoxville, TN
Can you re do the dhf and make it like the dhr 2. I don't want to micro cut the dhr2. I'm lazy...... I think, after reading woos rants and looking at how I ride and my tires wear, and when I get lose..... That if you took the knobs on the dhf and switched sides and rotated them so the angle would ramp into the knobs. This is for cornering of course. The tire would be sick. So just like the dhr 2 without the breaking blocks.

New bestest tire. Thanks for the dhr2. Can I get some single plays in like a 2.2 casing too?
The DHR 2 doesn't need to be cut to be a great tire. Greg Minnaar won the World Championships running them uncut, front and rear. But at any rate, I'm no longer with Maxxis. So if you really would like a new Maxxis tire, you should send Maxxis a message via the responder on their website.

bholwell

Chimp
Mar 19, 2011
Knoxville, TN
I'm slack, old, and don't really like riding in mud anyway!:D

I shall await the arrival of the Tubeless ready 2.3 version with baited breath! :thumb:
It sounds like these two tyres are exactly what I was after for my Sanction.
Now, should I run Ardents, HRIIs, or one of each? :think:
And if one of each, which one front or rear?? :eek:
Oh noes, confuzzled again... :panic:
I'm a big fan of the Ardent 2.25 Exo or Ikon 2.2 Exo rear, HRII 2.3 front.

Last edited:

bholwell

Chimp
Mar 19, 2011
Knoxville, TN
Hey bholwell why does the HRII EXO have a different sidewall than the DHF EXO? The DHF has that raised grid pattern and feels a bit thicker, but the HRII does not.
It's actually the same construction (single ply 60 tpi casing with Exo reinforced sidewalls), but the DHF Exo has the textured sidewall pattern (which looks like scales). The only reason the HRII Exo does not have the textured sidewall pattern is that the DH version and the Exo version are produced in the same mold. Perhaps when demand for the tire grows and additional molds are opened, they will open an 'Exo-specific' mold with the same sidewall texture.

wiscodh

Monkey
Jun 21, 2007
The DHR 2 doesn't need to be cut to be a great tire. Greg Minnaar won the World Championships running them uncut, front and rear. But at any rate, I'm no longer with Maxxis. So if you really would like a new Maxxis tire, you should send Maxxis a message via the responder on their website.
bah, then whoever you are with now, can you make me that tire? ill pay you in marbles and green army men!

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
Holwell - thanks for posting in this thread.
I thought Ridemonkey had scared away all the industry (or ex-industry?) dudes.

Pegboy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2003
New Hamp-sha
Carlisle huh, well who the hell is designing those things!? I've tested a lot of trailer tires and I find that the Radial Trail RH 225/75 R15's could be better. When I'm trying to drift my boat and trailer around corners there is no warning before it breaks loose. I think there needs to be better transition knobs and for christs sake, get those things angled in the right direction! It seems like some one was coming home from a Dead show on a bad acid trip and just started throwing gobbs of rubber on a doughnut! WTF!

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Which compounds do you guys run?
3C front?
60D or 3C rear?

Is the 3C even worth it on the rear?