Quantcast

The Allegrippis Trails - Raystown Lake

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
New 32-mile trail network in central PA! The grand opening festivities are May 9. Register through BikeReg.com

Come on out and join us in celebrating the grand opening of the trails at Raystown Lake, The Allegrippis Trails. Located at the Army Corps of Engineers Raystown Lake Project, this 32 mile, purpose built, designed for mountain bikes, trail system is unique on the East Coast. Designed and built by IMBA Trail Solutions, these trails are a direct result of a partnership between the Army Corps of Engineers and IMBA started in 2002.
The event weekend includes vendor expos, bike demos, a ribbon cutting and volunteer appreciation lunch, group rides, beer and barbeque. This event is part of the Dirt Rag World Tour and will feature demo bikes from Trek, Cannondale, Scott, and more. The Subaru/IMBA Trail Care Crew will also be on hand.
Your registration fee covers camping for two nights, evening food and libations on Saturday and light breakfast Sunday. If you only want to come out for the day and ride, there is no charge, but the event weekend is a fundraiser for the Raystown Mountain Bike Association, so please consider chipping in for the cause.
We hope to have an exact schedule for the weekend finalized by April 1st. but rest assured, the event is happening and will be well worth traveling for.

Who's going?

Aug 6, 2006
Denver, CO
I'm hoping to be there. Dependent of whether or not I can take the time off work. Most likely I'll roll in late friday night to post camp, and stay through the weekend. One of my regular riding buddies says it's one of the most fun trail systems he's ridden. Not technical, but feels like a big pump track with the smooth flowy rolling trails. If IMBA was on the job, you know the trails will be sweet.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
We're toying with the idea. My wife had skin cancer taken off her calf yesterday. She's hoping it's healed up by then so we can go.

riderx

Monkey
Aug 14, 2001
Fredrock
Yours was the first post I saw on it. Any of you SSOFT guys and gals making the trip?

I registered last week. :thumb:
I was hoping to make it up but I already have a MTB trip planned for Douthat and the GWNF during that time. I'll probably get up to Raystown a bit later in the season. Can't wait to see the finished product.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Tim thanks again for posting this event. The trails were textbook IMBA and quite different than most of the rocky technical trails I've ridden elsewhere in PA. It was good to see you again and I'm amazed you recognized me on the trail since its been 5 years. Although you did not meet them all I managed to get 7 friends from cycle-cny to attend.

Thanks for the post ride beer yesterday too :thumb:

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Oh yeah, free dinner was meh but breakfast was great if you waited around long enough for delivery:

All kinds of bagels, 4 kinds of good homemade flavored cream cheeses, regular cream cheese, smoked salmon, sausage, bacon, hummus, spouts, peanut butter, jelly, OJ, oranges, apples, bananas, coffee, and some other misc stuff plus they had extras and we were asked to come back to clean them out.

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2006
Denver, CO
A friend and I made the drive on Sunday. Totally worth it. In the first 5 minutes I was thinking it was nice to not have so many rocks to deal with, and hoping I wouldn't get bored. After 15 minutes I was having so much fun pushing my pace, trying to pump everywhere and setting up for turns in time. I can't wait to go back.