Quantcast

The best feeling in the world....

Pezzo33

Chimp
Sep 11, 2001
Western Massachusetts
Ok, lets keep the sexual comments out of this. Have to say this now, cause I know they will come :)

was thnking of this as sitting at work today.
yesterday, woke up at 6, rode for a little over an hour on my road bike nice and hard. came home, showered, went to work for 13 hours, then to the gyms for about an hour and a half for weights and such.

so the best feeling in the world. coming home, walking into my bedroom and collapsing on to nice fresh clean sheets :) a load of my tired legs, and nice and comfy, good smelling and clean. slept so well. just a great feeling over all....

so anyone else have something like this that just all of a sudden you realize how it could be something to simple but feel so good.

Barry

Motionboy2

Calendar Dominator
Apr 23, 2002
Broomfield, Colorado
Hell yeah that is a great feeling. Recently, I have had so much more respect for things I normally take for granted. When I could walk again without crutches I was very excited.

C_S

Chimp
May 14, 2004
Clovis
Taking off your tight, sweaty riding shoes/socks, tossing some thongs on, kicking your feet up and a enjoying a cold drink, right at the car, after a long, hard ride.

greenreese

Monkey
Nov 11, 2003
I know exactly what you mean.
I love that feeling of being in bed and knowing that you don't have to do anything. You can just lay there and roll over how every you like, think about what every you want, open the window, put on a fan, music, have something to drink, read, or just fall asleep. Falling asleep usually is at the top of the list. Although I usually have my fan on. I love having the breeze blow on me while having a ton of covers just thrown over me. My sheets never stay tucked in for more than a night, so I usually just wrap myself up like a taco.
I also just got rid of my bed. I now just have a big matress on the floor. I like it a lot better than the bed I had before, it feels more open and relaxing. I can have my cd player, light, fan, cd's, books and other junk right on the floor next to me. Although I would love to just put a hammock in my room instead of any bed.

Also sometimes when I have a few minutes where I am waiting for something, or don't have to do anything, I just tell my self to take a deep breath, lean back and relax, because for those few minutes, I don't have to be uptight, so I won't be uptight. It feels really good.

-dAn

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
coming home to the dorm all sweaty from a ride dying to take a shower to find out..........

YOUR SILLY ASS IS LOCKED OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this has happened 1 too many times

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
This thread was majorly misleading from the title!

But besides that, yea there isn't much greater than nice new sheets! I'm just glad that I don't have to wash them.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
The solo ride at 8 AM where all you can hear is yourself and your bike. Total solitude right when you need it. Then the downhill where you're chasing deer all the way down the canyon... :D

Broken_Spoke

Mr. Big Hot Pastrami
Feb 26, 2003
Bozeman, MT
man that is a great feeling. I washed all my bedding stuff today and after woork i came home and put it back on my bed and just laid there for about 30 min basking in the glourious smell and feel of clean bedding

mplutodh1

Monkey
Nov 27, 2002
Sammamish, WA
Originally posted by Motionboy2
Hell yeah that is a great feeling. Recently, I have had so much more respect for things I normally take for granted. When I could walk again without crutches I was very excited.
Dude I know exactly what you mean! That feeling was SOOO amazing, you take for granted what it's like to have 2 good healthy legs, when you lose them it sucks! but when you get them back the feeling is awesome! haha and the joy of not having to shower with a garbage bag duct taped to your leg:( that sucked too!

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
My friends 18 month old running up to me and saying "Beav" because she can't quite say Steve.

Austin Bike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
Duh, Austin
Standing up in your cubicle at work, looking out the window in the parking lot and seeing a bike on the back of your car.

And it's muddy.

The bike, not the car.

dwaugh

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Bellingham, Washington ~ U.S.A.
I have to say that laying down on the bed is the best feeling after a long hard day. What is also a great feeling though is when you successfully land a new, bigger, jump, drop - one that you knew you could do but still made you nervous... and when you realize that you just landed it perfectly, that feels oh so very good. (kinda like in the latest movie I made, just in the movie its my friend doing the new drop and not me (video is here ))

:monkey:

jon cross

Monkey
Jan 27, 2004
Banner Elk, NC
two of the best 5 (use your imaginations for the others) would have to be:
Setting the bike down suuuuuper smooth onto a transition from a drop/jump that makes it feel like you're just floating on air

hitting the perfect draft pocket on a road bike- either in a team time trial or catching a perfect leadout- glooooooorious.

Zoso

Monkey
Jan 31, 2003
Seattle
How about clean sheets and you being completely naked under them? ;) Nothing like the birthday suit under clean sheets for the ultimate in comfyness.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Originally posted by Zoso
How about clean sheets and you being completely naked under them? ;) Nothing like the birthday suit under clean sheets for the ultimate in comfyness.
ahh!

but the worst feeling is when you're sleeping naked and you accidently scrap your urethra (the open part i mean) against the fabric.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
The real best feeling in the world is when you land a perfectly colored 3.2 pound smallmouth bass on a fly you made yourself and a 5wt flyrod just as the sun is getting low in the autumn on Little Bartons Creek in middle Tn.

I swear to god.

Andyman_1970

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2003
The Natural State
Dropping a hardcore roadie on a climb while riding my hard tail (with slicks).

Taking a huge mind cleansing poop, and not having to be in a hurry.

Early in the morning when the house is chilly, but in bed it's nice and comfy.

Mar 3, 2004
England!
The airtime when launching a huge stair gap at massive speed. It's fantastic. Of course there is then the realisation that the gap is way to big and you don't have quite enough speed, getting ready to eat a nice healthy chunk of side walk.

I do love opening the window at night in the bedroom and rolling myself up in the Duvet. then when getting up, it's cold in the room but you're really snug in the warm duvet. Mmmm

Motionboy2

Calendar Dominator
Apr 23, 2002
Broomfield, Colorado
Originally posted by SkaredShtles
2500 vertical feet of perfectly pitched, perfectly treed, nipple-deep 5% powder..........

Reminds me of a shirt I saw in Breck years ago:

Powder - It's like trying to explain sex to a virgin.

:D

-S.S.-
I Agree.. Plus I think I need that shirt :thumb:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
The greatest feelings for me:

1. Totally with you on the fresh, crisp clean sheets!!!
2. A Cold beer right after a ride (get the shoes off, put on the sandals and relax).
3. The taste of fresh pineapple (I mean the kind you buy and have to skin & cut up all by yourself)
4. A hug from a student that I have made a difference to!
5. A smile from a perfect stranger when I am having a bad day.
6. Clearing a hard section of trail that I haven't been able to do before - and having my husband notice that I did it ;)

shifty S

Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
NWDC...Asheville
driving down the natchez trace in a convertible mustang on a 70 degree cloudless summer night with the trees shooting straight up both sides of the twisties and flying along at 50 with the radio all the way up. oh and it was my first car and i had bought it the day before.

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five
Getting dropped on the flats during a road ride and then working your butt off to catch them and passing them on the climb.

Realizing, "Hey, I could do this for a living"

Realizing that the person you are hiking with would be the one person you would trust if you had a life and death situation.

Hanging with the group on my first real road ride.

Looking at a lake you walked to, setting up camp, catching and frying some fish, and realizing that less than a 100 people a year enjoy that view.

Loose leaf green tea and some icecream....after a long ride.

The Ito