Quantcast

The big fat movie thread

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world
Have you seen the sketches? so rad.
Oh yeah, you'd think that David Lynch was a real left field choice to direct this, but Jodorowsky would have been like letting Buñuel do a James Bond. And it's not like this was some pipe dream that was quickly abandoned, they had already spent a ton on pre-production, and the involvement of Pink Floyd and H.R. Giger alone would have made this worthwhile. You've probably already seen it, but the Jodorowsky's Dune documentary offers a pretty good overview of this unfinished project and its influence on later films.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Love Jodorowsky
Have you tried getting your hands on any of his comicbooks? Especially the ones he made with Moebius? Those are pieces of art. Funny thing is people who visit my flat first always randomly find the one erotic one they made and I bought it without knowing what it.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
On an unrelated topic. I have just tried watching "Ingrid goes west" and it's the only movie in my life I found revolting as it features the 2 kinds of people I hate more than anything. Vapid instagram stars with empty lives and horrible people who spend all their lives stalking others. I get what the movie is doing but after watching 50 minutes of it I felt so tired I felt like I just finished a marathon.

I had to cure myself by watching corporate which is a great tv series mocking corporate culture. Anyone who works in an office will appreciate it.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Have you tried getting your hands on any of his comicbooks? Especially the ones he made with Moebius? Those are pieces of art. Funny thing is people who visit my flat first always randomly find the one erotic one they made and I bought it without knowing what it.
Ever heard of Cherry Poptart?
Great comic!

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
Ever heard of Cherry Poptart?
Great comic!
Not really. The one I mentioned is different kind of an erotic comic. Much less pulpy but I'm not a big comicbook guy anyway. I mostly have Jodorowsky, Sandmans, Charles Burns and a few random ones recommended by friends.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
I am literally giving myself a self five for buying this movie for our country. When it comes out in a little over a month go see it. It's good.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Watched Den of Thieves last night, really enjoyed it.

Thought it was a good combo of Heat and Usual Suspects

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
I've seen it. It's really enjoyable and Spike is pulling no punches. While there are more quotes from the Maga camp (well they say more stupid shit) he also references that recent Bill Clinton quote he did during the campaign. The audience in Cannes laughed really hard. It also brings the point really hard that we have made less progress than we think.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
maybe it is just me.....but its like spike made a tarantino movie....

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
I watched Rampage the other night. Movie was blah, brainless entertainment, but gave the surround sound and sub a thorough workout, which made it more enjoyable.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
google maps had me in the baltimore low rises looking for WMD....

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Holy shiat. Interested in watching the Free Solo movie coming out about Alex Honnold climbing El Capitan and got into other climbing movies. I watched Meru by the same guy that is doing Free Solo. Then a friend suggested Touching the Void. That's some crazy shit.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Holy shiat. Interested in watching the Free Solo movie coming out about Alex Honnold climbing El Capitan and got into other climbing movies. I watched Meru by the same guy that is doing Free Solo. Then a friend suggested Touching the Void. That's some crazy shit.
yea i just saw the trailer.

i'm waiting for "go fast pull up" about Jimmy Levan

a quick google has just informed me that "Dirtbag: The Legend of Fred Beckey" is now available on digital platforms.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Touching the Void was so damn intense. It's a true story documentary with actors re-creating the visuals and the actual guys narrating their story. It's one of the craziest things I've seen.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Sicario Day of the Soldado, just watched. Liked the first, liked the second.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Moana was pretty good the first 3 times. If I see it again I may head butt the screen.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
@norbar
have you seen cold war.....trailer....speechless...
Cinematography is great, First half is great but it's essentially copy pasting everything from old cinema besides technology. Even the characters are stereotypes that made sense if your values are still the same as they were in the 50s which is a bit annoying to see the glorification of a hysterical woman stereotype and a man who is successful but not enough being treated as an impotent. It's just derivative of old movies. If you like old movies and this doesn't annoy you, you will really like the movie. If not you will really like the first part. Acting and cinematography are top notch