Quantcast

The big fat movie thread

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Did you find it entertaining? Hope I get to see it at a subtitle test screening. Not released til November.
it was alright....i'll have to go see it again....there were some parts i couldn't understand what the fvck they were saying.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
it was alright....i'll have to go see it again....there were some parts i couldn't understand what the fvck they were saying.
I'm a huge Hillcoat fan so I'm a bit surprised by the drop in rottentomatoes score. The Road was an awesome movie.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I'm a huge Hillcoat fan so I'm a bit surprised by the drop in rottentomatoes score. The Road was an awesome movie.
if it's any indication of how stupid some movie reviewers are....the movie critic for cbs sunday morning was picking "premium rush" over "lawless".....i lol'ed...

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
if it's any indication of how stupid some movie reviewers are....the movie critic for cbs sunday morning was picking "premium rush" over "lawless".....i lol'ed...
The problem is some of the ones I agree with are not overwhelmed with it. On the other hand Looper so far has only positive reviews and I did like the movie but best movie of 2012? Not really.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
and if you can...find a torrent for this...

Last edited:

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
Expendables 2 was entertaining.
I thought it had huge potential and it failed. The jokes were lame and I'm a huge 80's action fan. Arnie is much better with one liners than sly. The story parts in between were insanely bad. Action choreography was lamer than Total Recal and the shots weren't good either. It was basicly a "look there we all are, ensemble cast wink wink, we are awesome and muscular" movie without being a good action movie. Fast Five was easily a better ensemble action movie (yes the cast was much lower calibre).

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
daniel craig has signed on for two more bond movies after skyfall...

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
Just seen Dredd 3D. The reviews were very positive so I expected more. I understand the movie succeeded at what it wanted but only because it aimed so low. Action choreography is so bad. Great shot ideas are underused (the falling scene shows the director has no freefall experience or even imagination). I can live with crappy cgi but if you want to make a brutal R rated movie at least make the brutality hurt and not look artificial.

Also.

Arbitrage - Quite good thriller but nothing special. Gere in his first good role since god knows when. Overall enjoyable movie

Sound of my voice - stylisticly very good but no substance, too open, too loose and to many plotholes. Feels like it was written by Lindelof just after Prometheus. Martha Marcy May Magdalene was a 1000x better crazy cult flick. (I recomend it, it is really an experience to remember)

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.

oh the brutality in this movie...
Watched this over my weekend. It seemed pretty brutal in parts, but I couldn't decide if it really was just brutal, or if the violent scenes were just in such contrast to the rest of the movie which seemed very quiet and understated. Cristina Hendricks in the bathroom scene was something to behold for sure though. Good movie, I liked it.

Last edited:

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
It was the contrast. The brutality wasn't very graphic or grounded enough to feel visceral. Though I rarely see brutaly that seems real in movies (Martyrs if you want to have a bad day, the first 30 minutes though is good, later only the brutality is good)

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
I have a feeling I'm going to love this movie. Great buzz and initial reviews. Quite a few awards too

http://youtu.be/2MP7A1k8Jr0

I'm not sure if it has been posted before but

http://youtu.be/OOsd5d8IVoA

For something raunchy and stupid. A series of sketches so the level of humor will be uneven. Especially if it's one comedian director per sketch but some great names are behind it. Will be good.

http://youtu.be/w9OTiI0vXi0

Also early reaction to new Bond/ Skyfall suggest it's one of the best Bond movies ever. Go see it in Imax (true, not liemax)

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
jason statham as richard stark's "parker"...

probably won't be as good as "point blank" or "the outfit"....both based on richard stark parker novels with the name changed...

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
Guess everyone says the book is already ruined by this, but I don't read books...

302 Found

In the book the zombies didn't run, Brad Pitt's character wasn't as importnt and they couldn't even get out of cars. The zombies just sat there and waited to grab you if the window was open and you were close.

For a good zombie movie check out Warm Bodies. Some blogger idiots claim it is Zombie Twilight but it's from a guy who made 50/50 and the new trailer is very promising (not emmbedable unfortunately)

Also I really want to see this. It may not be good but it looks crazy and crazy is always a plus.
http://youtu.be/7Ot7kFjUcrs

Last edited:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Also early reaction to new Bond/ Skyfall suggest it's one of the best Bond movies ever. Go see it in Imax (true, not liemax)
enjoyed it a lot.

javier bardem reminded me of jaws for some reason.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
enjoyed it a lot.

javier bardem reminded me of jaws for some reason.
He was based more on that one gay bond villain. To me the movie was enjoyable but **** if it wasn't derivative. The tone was right out of 80s bond and the structure was lets take TDK and Bourne and mix it. I hate lazy film making and it in this case they didn't even get their inspiration right when they took a few movies with a strong core story and turned one with no strong core, just a series of loose ideas.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
Seen 7 Psychopaths yesterday. Mighty enjoyable even if it is pointless postmodernist trash. Great acting from Walken and Rockwell. Even Colin Farell didn't annoy me. Wish they had more of Kurylenko though.

Also on a huge hangover day I watched latest resident evil (5??) and I felt like I was watching Red Alert 2 in game videos only with worse acting. The exposition was also overkill. First a computer gave it and then that keanu reeves of a chick repeated exactly the same words.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Just seen it. It's not bad, enjoyed it but it is very talk heavy and many people will be bored. Expected a bit more from the director. Also the political message was annoying at times.
i saw killing them softly last week.....remove the bush/obama sound bites and the movie is pretty fvcking good....the movie tanked in the states.....should have marketed it as a art house movie...