Quantcast

The big fat movie thread

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
This thing looks worse with every new trailer:
Tbh I'm kinda interested. Though I'm more interested in a Batfleck directed Batfleck they announced.

take my money.....

Can't say what I know but unless they changed a lot it will be slower and more artistic than Birdman. The fact that they are copying the visual style of some Malick movies (the same cinematographer) should be a good hint.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Can't say what I know but unless they changed a lot it will be slower and more artistic than Birdman. The fact that they are copying the visual style of some Malick movies (the same cinematographer) should be a good hint.
for shits and giggles i saw MI5 on imax today......guess what trailer was attached....it was glorious on a imax screen.

also a different bond trailer was shown....pfa trailer.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
i will probably see sicario tomorrow.

dope did not last long in the theaters.

have not heard of youth.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
i will probably see sicario tomorrow.

dope did not last long in the theaters.

have not heard of youth.
Dope is on VOD I think (and other "services")

Youth is a new movie from Paolo Sorrentino. With Michael Caine, Harvey Keitel and a few others. Seen it in Cannes and it is amazing

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Saw Crimson Peak in the theater. Not great but not dismal. Enjoyable. Pleasant to look at.

Watched Hysterical from 1982/3 featuring The Hudson Brothers. Great drinking game: every time you catch a reference to another movie, take a shot. Good luck finding a copy.

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world
Even with my expectations lowered to zero and my critical faculties reduced by a preemptive trip to the bong shed, Batman v Superman was a bigger turd than anticipated.

Even disregarding the questionable takes on the characters, the film fails at the most basic level of film making - the script is a jumbled mess, character motivations and actions make zero sense and the central conflict is so forced, the only thing more laughable is its resolution. Meanwhile, Zack Snyder is slowly turning into the next Michael Bay: completely tone deaf, throwing any shot that looks cool by itself or that can be lifted directly from a comic book page at the screen, irrespective of context and what it might mean.

At least Affleck was very good as Batman in spite of the awful script, since he is going to be directing himself in the next Batman film, this one might actually be worthwhile.

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world
You can see him mentally go through all the times he asked Zack Snyder and his wife to explain to him what the hell is going on in this film. Poor guy must have known all along he was working on a piece of junk.