Quantcast

The big fat movie thread

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
fences will probably win everything come oscar time.....it should.

blindboxx2334

Turbo Monkey
Mar 19, 2013
Wets Coast
saw passengers this weekend. the movie trailer led me to believe they were going to try and fix the ship for the majority of the movie.

spoiler alert: they spend all of 10 minutes 'fixing' it, rest is bull shit. don't waste your time.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Did we really want and/or need this?

That said, I'll probably go see it.
It's a director who never compromises, never made a bad movie, great cinematographer, great compositor. I had no hopes for GITS but this could be good. Hell it's risky to say it but I might be better than the original if Villeneuve brings his a Game. Incendies and Sicario are very good.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
Guardians is really fun. Dumber but you forget about that since you laugh most of the movie. Also I really think wrestlers make for great comedic actors.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Guardians is really fun. Dumber but you forget about that since you laugh most of the movie. Also I really think wrestlers make for great comedic actors.
best part of the movie is him laughing....

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
best part of the movie is him laughing....
As much as I hated that Amy Schumer movie I really liked John Cena in it. So it's 3 good wrestling actors. He also has a small role in an amazing movie "The Wall". It should soon hit US cinemas.

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world
As much as I hated that Amy Schumer movie I really liked John Cena in it.
Same here, i liked him as an actor and felt sympathetic towards his character, who was treated like shit by Schumer's insufferable queen bitch.

As for Blade Runner: i'm not going near that trailer, but the team they assembled is incredible and it looks like they finally made the world properly dusty. I guess Ridley Scott knew that rain just looks cool, but i'm glad that they are going for a look that is more in line with the book and are not trying to ape the rain soaked noir aesthetic of the original.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
Same here, i liked him as an actor and felt sympathetic towards his character, who was treated like shit by Schumer's insufferable queen bitch.

As for Blade Runner: i'm not going near that trailer, but the team they assembled is incredible and it looks like they finally made the world properly dusty. I guess Ridley Scott knew that rain just looks cool, but i'm glad that they are going for a look that is more in line with the book and are not trying to ape the rain soaked noir aesthetic of the original.
Schumer really annoys me. I'm all for feminist issues, I'm left to Marx but her whole stick is behaving like a frat bro and calling it empowering. Not to mention she does one thing over and over again.

Cena was also really good in SNL recently.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
@norbar .....what did you think of the der rote baron when it came out?
Wait what? You mean that 2008 german movie?

Also Just came from a Festival screening of Okja an jesus it is amazing but it will make everyone cry. It's like Free Willy mixed with 80s Paul Verhoeven mixed with Vegan propaganda.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
No idea. Never knew of it's existence. Assumed it's some cheap straight to VOD or something only Germans watch. I've seen like 5 german movies in the last 10 years
it was german movie done in english....if that makes any sense...it is on youtube....

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Did we really want and/or need this?

That said, I'll probably go see it.
The terrorists win every time someone remakes a classic movie. Come up with your own fucking new and unique ideas.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
The terrorists win every time someone remakes a classic movie. Come up with your own fucking new and unique ideas.
I hate remakes but see the talent attached. The crew here is honestly more talented than people who did the original (Deakins, Villenuve, Johansson)

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Seen it already. It's a very good movie but don't expect a typical horror. It's an arthouse film in a horror world. Havee you seen or read "the Road" similar topics mentioned here.
i've seen the road.....i find cormac mccarthy tedious to read sometimes....

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Saw Baby Driver, really enjoyed the first 80% of it. Thought the last 20% and ending didn't do the rest of the movie justice.