Quantcast

The Curse of the CU team

TheInedibleHulk

Turbo Monkey
May 26, 2004
Colorado
Wrist is broken in two places. This doesnt actaully have anything to do with being on the CU team, it just comes with the territory, but lately breaking things seems to be a team tradition. Looks like they will have to surgerize it, I find out sometime this week. I rode 12 days in a row and it caught up with me, on a freaking tiny jump as usual. They tell me I hit pretty hard. :( :(

WhiteRavenKS

Turbo Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
neither here nor there
i rode for 3 hours today on one rock. trialszors to the max breaaah. i hurt my elbow when i rolled over in bed last night. i hit it on the wall and got a crazy funny bone reaction. cu cycling doesnt seem to want to have much to do with trials so i guess i escape la curse du CU.

May 24, 2002
Boulder CO
Typing pretty well champ. Heal up, and screw riding bikes, just go get laid. Yeah yeah, I know it's not the right thing to say, but Cedric emailed me and told me it helps healing faster than anything.

I don't know if it's true, but I reccomend it....the only way it'll work is if you struggle wiht your wrist, make it obvious, wear ts and hold a cup with your other arm and try and open doors...chicks love taking care of guys.

TheInedibleHulk

Turbo Monkey
May 26, 2004
Colorado
I'll see what I can do. There was a girl in the ER who broke her wrist racing road. She was all bummed out and I was making jokes and laughing with my buddy. She came over and said that "if I could bottle up your positive energy I would suck it down hard." I had to work so hard not to laugh... I have a dirty mind. Since it's my right wrist im gonna need someone to suck up some of my positive energy.

May 24, 2002
Boulder CO
danged...this just all sucks. You'de think there is like millions of dollars or lots of hot girls involved n what we do...

as my roomate says..."you're messed up mang"

I think that goes for all of us now...sheesh.

TheInedibleHulk

Turbo Monkey
May 26, 2004
Colorado
The Lazian said:
my wrist has been broken for the last nine weeks. and i just found out last week that i needed surgery. something about absoloutly no healing going on or something.
That's horse****. Im about to make an appointment to find out if I need surgery, the ER doc said it was a probably.

TheInedibleHulk

Turbo Monkey
May 26, 2004
Colorado
I did the first 24 hours with no drugs, but walking around campus and getting bumped and stuff was starting to get pretty rough, so I just hit the vicadin. This should be fun.

axlvid23

Monkey
Jun 1, 2003
Littleton
The Lazian said:
my wrist has been broken for the last nine weeks. and i just found out last week that i needed surgery. something about absoloutly no healing going on or something.

Sounds like you did what I did...You break the navicular(scaffiod) bone?

It takes forever, It's been 11 weeks since my surgery...and still little improvement...I might be stuck racing road this year. :angry:

Anyway heal quick

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
you are such a creeper jeff (i got with a high school girl this weekend in bozeman but she was an absolute dime piece)

Bikerpunk241

Monkey
Sep 28, 2001
dcamp29 said:
don't worry i found out that the fort lewis team is also cursed.........
Bwa ha hah hahh hahh.....remember muffin hitting my car at Fort Collins :stupid: That took some skill.

HEAL FAST GUYS!!!!! :thumb:

DHblur

Monkey
Jul 23, 2003
Arvada, CO
gosh... flipin idiot!!!!!!! freakin broke the tiny bone in my hand today on the wee jumps at the Fix. gosh stupid CU cycling team
This thread sure is a bundle of joy!!!!! It makes me happy to read this.

The Lazian

Chimp
Mar 26, 2004
Arvada CO the "(303)"
so i broke my wrist (yes, scafoid) damn little bone um... on the 4th of january. my doctor sounds pesimistic that it will be ready for racing no sooner than the 4th of june. wow, thats a downer. all i can say is, i better get a slingshot molded into my next cast (#4) or something to make the almost half-a-year (w/o much riding) to go by faster.

at least fundamentals is on the way SICK!!

dcamp29

Monkey
Feb 14, 2004
Colorado
tj thats a bummer for sure. but according to the doctors, i shouldn't have even got on a bike until march. anyways good luck in healing everyone.

May 24, 2002
Boulder CO
TJ--Take lots of calcium, get your heartrate up...research bone healing etc. Talk to your doctor about bone growth stimulators. Maybe even switch docs. I know that if they think it's neccissary it could be covered by insurance and in your case I think it might warrent it.

Go running...the heartrate thing is huge, its a bloodflow battle...call me, I can help.

The Lazian

Chimp
Mar 26, 2004
Arvada CO the "(303)"
yeah i talked to the jolly lady at vitamin cottage and she got me set on a bunch of suplements

-bone growth
-silica/bone mineral absorbtion
-calcium
-vitamin c
-B complexes
and what have you.

i didn't start taking them utill my last x-ray (two weeks ago) and i'll get another set in two weeks. so hopefully ill make a dent in healing, maybe at least a little calasing(sp)(none showed after 7 wks) on the fracture. but after surgery ill probably get the super duper hard core IV "bone miracle grow"

and i quote
-would you like an appetizer sir-
-no, proceed directly to the intra-vienious injection of hard drugs please-

May 24, 2002
Boulder CO
Trainspotting---didn't think you've seen it, it's one of my favs.

Fock, you know more than me I'de say. They DO have machines that will do more than anything though, my doc wouldn't hook that up because of insurance...i wanted everything.

I guess I should go to the cottage.

May 24, 2002
Boulder CO
The Lazian said:
so i broke my wrist (yes, scafoid) damn little bone um... on the 4th of january. my doctor sounds pesimistic that it will be ready for racing no sooner than the 4th of june. wow, thats a downer. all i can say is, i better get a slingshot molded into my next cast (#4) or something to make the almost half-a-year (w/o much riding) to go by faster.

at least fundamentals is on the way SICK!!

So angelfire will not have me and brendon...why not you miss out on the party too? Aparently God is saving us from a meteor or something

The Lazian

Chimp
Mar 26, 2004
Arvada CO the "(303)"
They DO have machines that will do more than anything though, my doc wouldn't hook that up because of insurance...i wanted everything.
it just so happens that this was the only option that my doc gave me. he didn't mention anything about heartrate, suplements, vitatmins, anything. he just told me "well there are micro vibration stimulation machines(or electronic pulse or something i forget)"

oh yeah Trainspotting... sweet flick

TheInedibleHulk

Turbo Monkey
May 26, 2004
Colorado
Im gonna pick up a bunch of supplements when I fill my prescription, and Im also planning on spending some time on the stationary bike sice I hate running. I drank like half a gallon of milk yesterday. I go back in four weeks to get a smaller cast and some new X-rays, Im hoping if I work on it really hard they might just cut me loose at that point. My collarbone was seriously displaced and it was pretty solid in 3 weeks.

big boy

Monkey
Apr 30, 2004
boulder CO.
Wow, it looks like there is an egg under the skin in my hand. OH god, maybe its the human body invading pod aliens like on that one movie I think I saw once.

I just hope I can race the early season chalk race. Or at least the Otter????

May 24, 2002
Boulder CO
SO...all I can say is ******* (shop yet to be revealed due to my desperate need of a bike) might constitute the most unethical, bottom feeding scoundrals of the bike world. I feel like Milton.

Bikerpunk241

Monkey
Sep 28, 2001
I had a thing where I slammed my knee into my stem once, and that caused a crack in the surface of the bone which the tendon started pulling on causing the bone to flake. At PT, the doc used a machine that ran a current through the bone/area to promote blood flow and healing. Seems to me all you guys need to do is wire the broken areas to car batteries while keeping your heartrates up :thumb:

HEAL FAST!

TheInedibleHulk

Turbo Monkey
May 26, 2004
Colorado
Hey dudes, I need a hand... Ive got two bikes on ebay that need to be tuned up before I ship them out. I can probably handle it even with one hand but if I could borrow a bike stand that would be great. Mine's in maryland. Let me know if youve got one I could borrow for a couple days. If you wanna help me tune up and pack the bikes the favor can be repaid in beer.

big boy

Monkey
Apr 30, 2004
boulder CO.
Phil, I got a bunch of tools and a stand you could use if you wanted. Ill be around for a week if you need them. Call me whenever 3034998836