Quantcast

The dead Brothers Hussein

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Can someone please explain to me the difference between the US gov't showing pictures of the dead brothers, and the former Iraqi gov't showing pictures of dead US soldiers? Rumsfeld, Powell, et al were furious in the early stages of the war, when pictures of dead coalition soldiers were being shown on Arab TV, but now it seems that the US gov't is engaging in the same behavior they were complaining about three months ago. Seems kind of hypocritical to me.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Duh. We are the good guys and they are the bad guys, so everything we do is good and everything they do is bad. Not to mention that showing dead soldiers is agains the Geneva convention, but that does not matter because we are not at war, and even if we were the fighting was declared over months ago. The other difference is that Americans did not want their dead soldiers shown dead, it is OK to show other dead people as long as you have a group of people than want to see them like the Iraqis. Really with all the lies and stretched truths revolving around Iraq it seems like there is nothing wrong with this at all. If I was in charge I would have had them chopped up and had their body parts put on display all around the country.

;)

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Originally posted by Westy
Not to mention that showing dead soldiers is agains the Geneva convention, but that does not matter because we are not at war
If we were not at war, isn't there some kind of treaty that states we are not allowed to assassinate political leaders of other countries?

Really, I am just trying to understand the logic here. I'm glad I got to see the pictures, but only because I am nosey. :)

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
Some Iraqi dude on the news last naight suggested the bodies be sent to their family to be eaten, so they couldn't come back...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Originally posted by I Are Baboon
Really, I am just trying to understand the logic here. I'm glad I got to see the pictures, but only because I am nosey. :)
I think that the gov really did not want to show the pictures but the Iraqis are still very scared and paranoid, they are afraid of the past but still do not trust the US. The gov showed the pictures because it could show the folks attacking soldiers that their cause is dead and possibly save some US soldiers lives.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
I think that the gov really did not want to show the pictures but the Iraqis are still very scared and paranoid, they are afraid of the past but still do not trust the US. The gov showed the pictures because it could show the folks attacking soldiers that their cause is dead and possibly save some US soldiers lives.
Far be it for me to defend this grand little Iraqi adventure but it seems Rumsfeld and his merry little band were in a real "damned if you do and damned if you don't" kind of dilemna. Anyway I don't know what they think the photo's are gonna prove, people still think Elvis is alive and that Kurt Cobain and John Lennon are livin' in sin together in the Galapogas islands:rolleyes: ;)

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Originally posted by valve bouncer
Far be it for me to defend this grand little Iraqi adventure but it seems Rumsfeld and his merry little band were in a real "damned if you do and damned if you don't" kind of dilemna. Anyway I don't know what they think the photo's are gonna prove, people still think Elvis is alive and that Kurt Cobain and John Lennon are livin' in sin together in the Galapogas islands:rolleyes: ;)
Hell Elvis aint dead, I just saw him digging through the dumpster behind the KrispyKreme looking for day old donuts.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Originally posted by valve bouncer
Far be it for me to defend this grand little Iraqi adventure but it seems Rumsfeld and his merry little band were in a real "damned if you do and damned if you don't" kind of dilemna.
You're right.....although im not sure what a "Dilemna" is.;)

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
Originally posted by BurlySurly
You're right.....although im not sure what a "Dilemna" is.;)
Ummm...err....ummm, that's Australian spelling mate, we spell words different, cos we're.....aaahhh,different????
P.S- I never thought I'd hear you utter the words "you're right" in response to one of my posts;) :D

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Originally posted by I Are Baboon
Can someone please explain to me the difference between the US gov't showing pictures of the dead brothers, and the former Iraqi gov't showing pictures of dead US soldiers?
Our beef was not about dead soldiers; it was the public display of live POWs on an international broadcast (for the purposes propaganda) that bothered our fearless leaders.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Originally posted by dg806
Some Iraqi's still don't belive it!:confused:
That is just silly. Why don't they believe the US government? They have never lied before, why would they start now? I for one believe everything they say, Saddam was buying uranium in Africa, Jessica lynch killed hundreds of Iraqis by shooting her M-16 in full auto from the hip and when she ran out of ammo took out several more with her KBar. Oh yeah and JFK was killed by a single shooter acting on his own.

Drunken_Ninja

Turbo Monkey
Aug 25, 2002
Hangin' with Riggs and Mertah
I don't think the POWs had anything to do with this. That is just retrospective determinism.

The fact is that america's is still at war and is under the political microscope everywhere.

it was just easier to scape goat that time since hussein and bin laden got away clean.

got to be able to justify another war after that one if neccesary. bush wouldn't win the next election otherwise.

iran and n korea and syria come to mind. if people didn't want to stand up against tyrants and dictators in the good ole us of a then the rest of the world wouldn't.

you have to remember that the rest of the world just found out that we accidentally voted in treehugging hippies last time on accident.

World politics are going to be a changing right about when it comes time to cast your ballot in the next federal election no matter where you are in the world.

republican politics are still paving the way for the next iraq or afghanistan somewhere. not that it matters to a superpower.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
First - the complaints the US had were all about broadcasting pictures of LIVE POWS on international media sources.

Second - nothing you write ever makes sense... retrospective determinisn indeed. I'll give you two bits for that two dollar phrase... :blah:

Originally posted by Drunken_Ninja
I don't think the POWs had anything to do with this. That is just retrospective determinism.

The fact is that america's is still at war and is under the political microscope everywhere.

it was just easier to scape goat that time since hussein and bin laden got away clean.

got to be able to justify another war after that one if neccesary. bush wouldn't win the next election otherwise.

iran and n korea and seriya come to mind. if people didn't want to stand up against tyrants and dictators in the good ole us of a then the rest of the world wouldn't.

you have to remember that the rest of the world just found out that we accidentally voted in treehugging hippies last time on accident.

World politics are going to be a changing right about when it comes time to cast your ballot in the next federal election no matter where you are in the world.

republican politics are still paving the way for the next iraq or afghanistan somewhere. not that it matters to a superpower.

Drunken_Ninja

Turbo Monkey
Aug 25, 2002
Hangin' with Riggs and Mertah
Originally posted by Serial Midget
First - the complaints the US had were all about broadcasting pictures of LIVE POWS on international media sources.

Second - nothing you write ever makes sense... retrospective determinisn indeed. I'll give you two bits for that two dollar phrase... :blah:
well i am not sure that i could have spelled it out any more un-american than that.

you cannot honestly expect me to believe that the USA believes that 'an eye for an eye' is an act of leadership?

no, not at all, that is just another fallacy of dramatic instance.

b.s. in other words

public execution or as close GW could get to it without sending a formal invitation to SH and OBL to join.

petty/wimpy/vindictive/bully - bush lashes out anyway he can.

it all has a social impact in the end. stab or be stabbed. kill first or be killed. Scare americans into doing what is right.:blah:

not that i could care less at this point. portraying Saddam Hussein or his sons as subhuman subversives post mortem is not such a big deal.

i am telling ya if they didn't scape-goat like that they would never be able to justify the propaganda required to further the battle against terrorism.

it is a commercial enterprise. make no mistake about it though. Canada has a multi billion dollar industry that sells warfare equipment to the US.

we love american zeal like this, regardless of whether or not it is misguided. Buy more, in fact I think that Canadians are going to start selling the US more propaganda if neccesary to keep this war on terrorism alive because freshly killed meat is just not in demand around here anymore.

something has got to make up for that loss.

of course this has to be my best rant all week:devil:

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
Originally posted by Drunken_Ninja

of course this has to be my best rant all week:devil:
I dont think the fact that no one understands a thing you post has anything to do with their ability to comprehend basic english or simple ideas.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Originally posted by BurlySurly
Patricia Lewis (grade 8) did an experiment to see if life can evolve from non-life. Patricia placed all the non-living ingredients of life - carbon (a charcoal briquet), purified water, and assorted minerals (a multi-vitamin) - into a sealed glass jar. The jar was left undisturbed, being exposed only to sunlight, for three weeks. (Patricia also prayed to God not to do anything miraculous during the course of the experiment, so as not to disqualify the findings.) No life evolved. This shows that life cannot come from non-life through natural processes.
[GEEKRANT]Little Patricia's scientific method is all screwed up. She should have had a control jar that she did not pray for, as well as a couple of empty jars she did and did not pray for. If she ever wants to get published let alone pass a peer review she need to clean up her methods big time. [/GEEKRANT]

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
[GEEKRANT]Little Patricia's scientific method is all screwed up. She should have had a control jar that she did not pray for, as well as a couple of empty jars she did and did not pray for. If she ever wants to get published let alone pass a peer review she need to clean up her methods big time. [/GEEKRANT]

No kidding........i think the experiment should last a little longer than 3 weeks too. Maybe 3 million years or so. But....it seems to work for the christians in texas.