Quantcast

the drunk food thread

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
yea tahous sucked.

i lived in the Henrietta area. Henrietta hots was my go to, but schalers also made a really good plate.

now i want a plate.
Henrietta Hots is top notch. Their wings are really good. I get them with Boss sauce. Homemade Onion rings are good too. Schalers not so much. I am assuming you haven't been in a while. Try Dogtown next time your up here. The best of the best....

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Henrietta Hots is top notch. Their wings are really good. I get them with Boss sauce. Homemade Onion rings are good too. Schalers not so much. I am assuming you haven't been in a while. Try Dogtown next time your up here. The best of the best....
it was circa 2002-'07. lots has changed since then. last time i was in rochester was maybe 2011 or 2012...

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Good for you. Phillys cool for food too...
i'm far enough out in the burbs that, with 2 young kids, rarely get into the city. at least a lot of good stuff in the burbs too. including the best wings i've ever had.

plus i have 3 wegmans within 15 minutes of my house.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
i'm far enough out in the burbs that, with 2 young kids, rarely get into the city. at least a lot of good stuff in the burbs too. including the best wings i've ever had.

plus i have 3 wegmans within 15 minutes of my house.
I think you're the one who told me about Wing Street.... Philly suburbs are no slouch either. Awesome Greek and Mediterranean options

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I think you're the one who told me about Wing Street.... Philly suburbs are no slouch either. Awesome Greek and Mediterranean options
wing street wasn't me.

the place by me that has the best wings does them wood fired. when you get them to go they don't toss them in sauce, they put it in a container so they don't get soggy.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
wing street wasn't me.

the place by me that has the best wings does them wood fired. when you get them to go they don't toss them in sauce, they put it in a container so they don't get soggy.
Whats the name? Is it near Norristown? I stay there on my philly trips. I am overdue.....

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Whats the name? Is it near Norristown? I stay there on my philly trips. I am overdue.....
close enough to norristown i'd recommend making the trip. it's called "collegeville italian bakery". it's pretty much a straight shot west on ridge pike. norristown is also 2 towns over from me. gimme a heads up next time you're in town.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
you gotta make sure you specify the wood fired wings when you order. they make regular wings (haven't honestly tried them). they are on the pricey side as far as wings go, $13 / dozen but they are jumbo and they are damn delicious.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Have you tried Conshocken Brewery? I hear their food is great. And Beer. My Uncles nursing home is in Conshocken. I have been to Cracker Barrel more times then I care to admit....
Haven't tried their food. Their beer is good, but overpriced for what it is IMO (a number of my friends are of the same opinion as well, and they are bigger beer snobs than me).

Conshohocken cafe is a good breakfast spot in that area.

Flannigan's boat house in conshy has a much better than average draft list, and some of the best wings in the area.

Bridgeport ribhouse is good for BBQ. Also good wings.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
oh dear god. I would have to be oh so bong shedded

Scrapple

25 gal plus cast iron pot over a wood fire is best

Water
Hog trimmings, bones, ofal, full day head
Boil until meat falls off bones
Pick meat and rough grind, return to pot with stock
Bring back to boil and add corn meal, buckwheat flour, coriander, salt and pepper.
Stir constantly until thick and it makes a plopping sound.
Ladle out into loaf pans and cool.

To eat, slice thin or thick and brown in a cast iron skillet,

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!

Scrapple

Water
Bring back to boil and add corn meal, buckwheat flour, coriander, salt and pepper.

I love hot dogs. Both Red and White Hots...

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

Scrapple

Water

its actually pretty tasty.