Quantcast

The E-word thread. EWS

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Tell us again how modern times have changed and don't fit your world views anymore.
:stop: :stosh:

Thing is. nothing really has changed. Since the very beginning of world level DH racing I've only ever been interested in watching the very best riders. The very best riding on show at an EWS simply wouldn't make the cut.

Vouilloz' C'ap D'ail switchback endo turn didn't get me hard back in the day either. Oh... the HORROR!!

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
Riding enduro stages I'm fine with.
Racing Enduro I'm also fine with.
Watching it? no. not really interested. sorry.
Riding, racing, watching, it's all a bit average really isn't it?

Be honest, what really gets you hard is jumping in the single enduro thread on the DH forum and telling everyone how lame enduro is to watch. :D

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
Minaar, Bryceland and the Syndicate boys are racing by the looks, as well as Wyn and a few other WC DH pros. Good on em, keen to see how they go.

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
Ya, a couple good pics in the PB slide show of dudes eating shit and a lovely bloody elbow. I would def be wearing some pads at that place, if I were racing! (Riding for fun, prolly not :)

toodles

Aug 24, 2004
Australia
Haha, just saw Peaty is racing. Awesome.

*edit*
And
Loris Vergier
Luca Shaw
Greg Minaar
Remi Thirion
Amaury Pierron
Sam Dale
Plus more WC DHers than I can list. Fuck that would be good to watch.

Last edited:

aaronjb

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2010
What happened to Ricardo Rude this year? Back to DH next year?

Keene and Graves should probably call it a career.

'size

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2007
AZ
What happened to Ricardo Rude this year? Back to DH next year?
couple of bad rounds due to mechanicals i believe. 3 rounds in the top 6 and top 6 in all 4 stages today with a stage 5 win. everyone has off races/seasons.

Keene and Graves should probably call it a career.
graves should probably call it a career with S and move on.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Hell yeah Sam Hill.

What is also interesting, is that Martin Maes didn't even finish two of the races and yet still came 6th overall. I'd say that's pretty awesome in itself.

toodles

Aug 24, 2004
Australia
graves should probably call it a career with S and move on.
Nah he got a 3rd at Colorado - he's not doing too shabby when things go right for him. I swear that guy must have punched a gypsy or something with the luck he has though.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
Flat pedals win medals bro. They win 1/10000000 of them, proving they are clearly superior.

People need to justify why they like I guess.

Mo(n)arch

Turbo Monkey
Dec 27, 2010
Italy/south Tyrol
Flat pedals win medals bro. They win 1/10000000 of them, proving they are clearly superior.

People need to justify why they like I guess.
I don't care about flat pedals, to be honest, although I ride them.

But:
I am a big Sam Hill fan and other then his eyebrows and tattoos, flatpedals are his trademark. That's why I posted a pic about them above. It's one of the things that make this guy such an original.
And just think of it: A guy on flat pedals, half of the season on an aluminium rig with an unridable leverage curve, possibly half the weight of Richie Rude and a suggested sub-par fitness to the part-time roadies competing in the series just won the EWS overall in his debut year.

Hill is a badass and I am proud that I have atleast the same paddle style in common with him.:D:headbang:

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
I bet next season Sam Hill hype video will feature a training montage to eye of the tiger, and at some point he'll ride through some crashing waves next to some other has-been great mountain biker like Vouillez or Peat or... on second thought, it can be nobody other than Lopes wearing nothing but short shorts and 5.10's.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I bet next season Sam Hill hype video will feature a training montage to eye of the tiger, and at some point he'll ride through some crashing waves next to some other has-been great mountain biker like Vouillez or Peat or... on second thought, it can be nobody other than Lopes wearing nothing but short shorts and 5.10's.

That would require sam hill having........what's the word.......

a 'personality'