Quantcast

***The Eclipse, GMT***

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!

Totality will be upon us, and it doesn't wash off easily. Act accordingly.

Spent the weekend down at the the coast with my son on the Neuse River searching for the big redfish. They roll in the rivers for about two months each year to spawn, and are an awesome fight.....which, I guess I would be too if someone tried to put a hook in my face while I was getting my groove on. Saw a sea turtle in the river - he was the size of that girl you brought home during your chubby-chasing phase. Sunday morning, in the densest fog I've ever seen, we hooked onto what I thought was a dump truck operating underwater....looks like we found what we were looking for. Boated a few, lost a few - we had a great time.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Decent weekend full of camping, hiking, and napping. As we were setting up camp Friday night in the dark I heard what sounded like someone shuffling by in the dark. It was a bear, a big freakin bear like 20 feet way. That's the first one I've ever seen. I thought it was kinda cool.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
This eclipse bullshit seems to have caused a loop somewhere in a building here. And I haven't even had coffee yet.

Morning! :D

roflbox

roflborx
Jan 23, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Good Morning!!

Totality will be upon us, and it doesn't wash off easily. Act accordingly.

Spent the weekend down at the the coast with my son on the Neuse River searching for the big redfish. They roll in the rivers for about two months each year to spawn, and are an awesome fight.....which, I guess I would be too if someone tried to put a hook in my face while I was getting my groove on. Saw a sea turtle in the river - he was the size of that girl you brought home during your chubby-chasing phase. Sunday morning, in the densest fog I've ever seen, we hooked onto what I thought was a dump truck operating underwater....looks like we found what we were looking for. Boated a few, lost a few - we had a great time.
Any pics of said fish?

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Morning! I am WFH today to enjoy the solar spectacle from the privacy of my shelter, what if it booms? The last partial one I saw was back in 1999, can I go back in time? Legs don't seem too achy after yesterday's "marathon" ride, and I am definitely leaning towards "no" to one very interesting job opportunity that, unfortunately, comes with an office chair on Manhattan (and no remote work option).

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
I didn't get the camera out a whole bunch - we were having too much fun. Here's a a few I got from the morning and afternoon session.

That's awesome Jody! And yeah, the fog out there can be blindingly dense. Speaking of blinding the good eye doctor @SuboptimusPrime will likely have to answer all manner of profoundly stupid questions about "super powerful eclipse death rays" today :rant:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Seems Dutch Bros Coffee did a promo for a free pair of eclipse glasses with drink purchase, but it turns out they may not be eclipse approved and people are pissed. :rofl:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Howdy all. I am sore from climbing yesterday. I is an old man, yass

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
mornin'. Cant connect to the server at work so i get to slack on the internet for a bit. yay.
went to my first MLS game this weekend, still not a fan.
Had two dates, spent the nite with one Friday nite. Life is good.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
So is the eclipse over, or is it still happening?

I'm back at work after 4 weeks off. :thumbsdown:

I have two weeks left in my current job, and found out this morning that the other senior person on my team is also leaving. :thumb: maybe my boss will realize that to retain talent, it helps to not be an asshole.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
sister in law's spider bite....confirmed...brown recluse spider....will not end up like jeff hanneman though...according to doctor...

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
The Apoceclipse crowds never materialized...it is eerily quiet, like before a hurricane.
yelly/tetons busy?

if i had known or paid attention in january i would have suffered through a summer vacation to enjoy this out west....

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
sister in law's spider bite....confirmed...brown recluse spider....will not end up like jeff hanneman though...according to doctor...
Fuck spiders. I'm so glad most of them are pretty small

It was foggy all morning here so I didn't get to see the eclipse. It just got kinda dark for a while. Boring.

Dirtrider

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2006
Asheville, NC
Got a quick ride in this morning, pre-eclipse traffic. Eclipse was cool 99.9% totality. Got dark, drank a beer, got light again. Supposed to be working from home, yeah right. Doing yard work

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Does she have cirrhosis of the liver after Heineken for breakfast lunch and dinner, too?
just got to the doctor before the rotting flesh started happening....she could drink most of the men on here under the table...

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Todays riding plans curtailed by our visitor bending his cranks on yesterdays "ride". New cranks ordered for next day shipping - so he'll pick up a rental for this afternoon and tomorrows ride plans.

Dirty Copper Triangle anti-clockwise is the plan for tomorrow https://www.mtbproject.com/trail/648142

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
The benefit of my 2017 depression was that I stopped being as irritated with the bullshit in my office, since everything sucked. Now that I'm crawling out of it, I'm back to being irritable and frustrated. Thanks, mental health.