Quantcast

@@@ the edge of wetness Fridump derp GMT@@@

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Kid had been coughing and runny nose for 24 hrs. 745 and he's still asleep. I'm hoping he's not sick and can go to day care so I can go riding.

When Troegs closes, many loud and cheerful patrons spill out. And there's a busy railway behind. And many railcars seem to have at least one wheel with a flat spot. And early in the morning, trucks pull in. And empty dumpsters. And sit for hours with diesels idling.

Nonetheless, I managed to sleep. 460 miles yesterday. Coffee, sardines, and bread for brekkers.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!

Hope everyone is doing well on this fine Friday...I feel like this has been a 10-day week. My plans for the weekend originally included doing some fishing at the coast, but then my steering rack for the Subaru came in, so I'll be under the car instead. I'll be glad to have that project out of the way and get that car outfitted with a FOR SALE sign as quickly as possible.

Y'all go out there and be the good example of a human today.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
When Troegs closes, many loud and cheerful patrons spill out. And there's a busy railway behind. And many railcars seem to have at least one wheel with a flat spot. And early in the morning, trucks pull in. And empty dumpsters. And sit for hours with diesels idling.
Did pinkshirtphotos get a hold of JBP's account or something???

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
:bonk: <- my day so far
:stupid:

Started the day off with a fight with my wife, only to come to work with a pretty epic fight at work involving lots of departments. Can't we all just get along?

My wife fired off like 10 angry text messages. I don't know whether to respond, wait it out, or just totally ignore.

My head really hurts right now.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. 31 degrees and foggy, but still better to be on the bike than in the car!

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!

Started the day off with a fight with my wife, only to come to work with a pretty epic fight at work involving lots of departments. Can't we all just get along?

My wife fired off like 10 angry text messages. I don't know whether to respond, wait it out, or just totally ignore.

Bong shed?

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA

Warning! Do not ignore! Unless your response is anything other than "I love you honey, I'm so sorry. You are completely right. What can I do to make it up to you? I love you."

skibunny24

Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Subbed for two days :weee: I had a great time! They offered me a full time position by the end of day one! However, this is the furthest school from my home... I'm considering. I can also make a little more subbing other jobs than in the offered position. Still, feels great!

Schools are closed to kids today, so I'm home with mine. Have some business to do in the morning, then giving dog lots of attention and loves, then hoping for a ride! Happy Friday!

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Agree with the SB ... don't ignore.

Good morning. working like a dog, waiting for brown Santa, thinking about some breakfast. hopefully it's warm enough to take an afternoon ride before dark.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

Send her some bear gifs.

Last edited:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Warning! Do not ignore! Unless your response is anything other than "I love you honey, I'm so sorry. You are completely right. What can I do to make it up to you? I love you."
Try replying with "I acknowledge that you are angry with me.

However, I'm still right. Can we accept this and move on?"

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I loathe people in cars. Brings out the worst in people, when they feel empowered because steel box, and anonymous, because if you cut someone off or cheat in the merge, it probably isn't ever going to come back to you.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
I loathe people in cars. Brings out the worst in people, when they feel empowered because steel box, and anonymous, because if you cut someone off or cheat in the merge, it probably isn't ever going to come back to you.
agree

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Wife's b-day today. And she's off riding Buff Crik without me. :think:

Kid had been coughing and runny nose for 24 hrs. 745 and he's still asleep. I'm hoping he's not sick and can go to day care so I can go riding.
Coughing and runny nose? No way he's sick. Send him to daycare. WGAF about those other kids and their parents, amirite??

Ignore 'em, man. It's a trap, anyways.

:rofl:

Self-driving cars?

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
But won't the counter-response be "You should know this by now. I can't believe you don't know"?!

But seriously, thanks for the advice... I'll give it a shot.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. What's happened this week:
1. Haley level 11 breakdown at school because of broken arm
2. loading and unloading of 26' uhaul truck with help once
3. Loading and unloading of 26' Uhaul truck with no help once
4. shit ton of additional trips to finish the move to the new house.
5. Level 11 cluster fuck of poor timing at work
6. Another Level 11 cluster fuck or poor timing at work
7. Director gets walked out yesterday.
8. Today.

I just want to take a fucking nap.

skibunny24

Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
CBBC03CD-2B2E-40E4-9BCD-DEE67C8CA410.jpeg
8. Today.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
8. Today.

I think I see where your problem was.

If you had used a 29er Uhaul truck, you would have gotten there 38% faster, because the angle of attack to the new stairs would have allowed a 22% reduction in effort.

Now, if you had had fat tires and rims on the truck, you could have shaved an additional 8% off your time, because the ride between houses would have been smoother, you would have been less fatigued from the drive, and had more energy to get those boxes out of the truck.

amateur.