Quantcast

Juddos

Chimp
Feb 13, 2010
To sell and move on from my new frame or to wait till it brakes, try for a third one....

Build quality on the replacement is worse than the first gen!?

Work that out...

Sucks Gabe has left, was the only person who gave 2 ****s when coming to emails...

Juddos

Chimp
Feb 13, 2010
definitely not.
of the three ive had, these are the best
Hrmmm...

Mine had tooling marks and scratches all over the shock mount positions and the paint job is woefull!

My CRC black Ano frame runs rings around the one I received as a replacement...

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
my black one's alignment was horrible... nothing was in line. and the paint on the first one wore off pretty fast on the swingarm and seat tower
so far on the new frame, only a little bit of paint came off from the tight fight around the swingarm pivot when i removed it to clean. and more importantly, everything lines up perfect

Last edited:

spocomptonrider

sportin' the CROCS
Nov 30, 2007
spokanistan
I think a main player on their national team has defected as well, I avoided posting in this thread but it's starting to look especially grim for future prospects. I'd go so far as to say they are done but what do I know. I feel for Kevin and the other dudes that were in cahoots with the company but like others have said before me this is an industry that is especially dependent on reputation and word of mouth. Wishing I hadn't jumped on the failboat now, love the bike but I'm up a creek as far as ever getting rid of the thing...

SirRidealot

Chimp
Sep 23, 2009
The Bike Park
I'm going to keep mine anyway so I don't care too much.

But is there a trick to getting the rear bit off the frame? I can't seem to get the bits with the Evil logo print out off the frame.

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
I'm going to keep mine anyway so I don't care too much.

But is there a trick to getting the rear bit off the frame? I can't seem to get the bits with the Evil logo print out off the frame.
rear bit as in swingarm?
the pivot bolt inserts can be tapped out from the middle of the frame once you loosen the 10mm(?) bolt from the outside of the frame.
once you tap out the threaded portion, you can wiggle the swingarm off

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
yes, that's the one. It's the main pivot. I unscrewed the bolts and I'm trying to get the threaded part out. Guess I need to find something good to tap with.
ive used the 10mm wrench and stuck it through one side to get to the other.
be careful when tapping the threaded portion b/c it will go flying out the other side.
when you put it back, make sure to clean the area around it and to clean the loctite (if theres any) off the threads. i used a rubber mallet to tap the threaded portion back into place

edit: make sure you obviously dont tap on the threads

Last edited:

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
Guys...I can understand your frustration but let's try to keep things Tech and Tuning related in this thread. If you want to vent, please do so in a new thread.

EVIL is not done.

EVIL has a 2011 WC and FR team.

You'd be surprised who is EVIL for 2011.

SirRidealot

Chimp
Sep 23, 2009
The Bike Park
isn't the negativity centered around this thread? I don't think I've read much about it elsewhere. My personal experience of their customer support is A+ but it's always the same story on the internet, a few vocal people seems like a lot.

I'm not saying there hasn't been problems with the early frames but my new one seems good so far so I'm happy.

So to tech and tuning again, has anyone tried a Vivid air on their Revolt? If so, which tune and how did it feel?

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
isn't the negativity centered around this thread? I don't think I've read much about it elsewhere. My personal experience of their customer support is A+ but it's always the same story on the internet, a few vocal people seems like a lot.

I'm not saying there hasn't been problems with the early frames but my new one seems good so far so I'm happy.

So to tech and tuning again, has anyone tried a Vivid air on their Revolt? If so, which tune and how did it feel?

It's not only ridemonkey. It's pinkbike comments also (Gabe fox news). Even serious people say not the most positive things there, not only pinkbike tards.

blackohio

Generous jaywalker
Mar 12, 2009
Hellafornia. Formerly stumptown.
I've talked with Kevin and I have no doubt that bikes will be available soon. Theres some QC issues that need to be resolved first and Kevin isnt going to accept anything but 100% pass. I know that for some people this is a current issue as they cannot ride, but for me it's winter and I can wait a bit longer on a replacement frame. I've ridden the **** out of my 1st gen frame and have been more than happy with Evil in resolving issues.

Now in regards to a WC team, well only Kevin can answer anything about that.