Quantcast

the exorcist: see it

mcA896

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2003
Cape Cod, MA
so i saw the exorcist: the beginning last night. it was definitly a good movie. a bit slow paced, but its a pretty long movie so it can afford to be slow paced. although, when the woman turned possessed in the tomb thingy she said some pretty out-of-character sounding things. other than that, it was pretty cool. suspenseful, not really scary. :thumb: :thumb:

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
dh girlie said:
I can't WAIT to see that...probably this week or weekend...the first exorcist scared the crap outta me...
Well, there's a good reason why it's still known as the scariest movie of all time. I've seen it once and really don't want to see it again <nightmares>.

Any word if they spared the projectile vomit from Exorcist and gave it to Open Water?

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Heh, a friend and I were heading from 60' back up to the boat off Okinawa and our GFs yacked simultaneously off the boat...it's pretty nasty to see from underneath...a yellow cloud with little chunks sinking out of it.

I read a review that just PANNED open water, though...then again, that's what I get for reading my movie reviews on The Onion.

Anyhow, aren't possessed people by definition 'out of character??'

MD

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
MikeD said:
I read a review that just PANNED open water, though...then again, that's what I get for reading my movie reviews on The Onion.
I almost want to say that I'd trust The Onion over anyone/anything else out there, at least when it comes to movies. It's too bad Maddox doesn't do up-to-date reviews...

Dog Welder

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Pasadena, CA
you wanna see scary...check out The Grudge...I just saw the original Japanese version and it scared the piss out of me. Think the Ring...just more f'ed up

Jesus

Monkey
Jun 12, 2002
Louisville, KY
I thought the new Exorcist was beyond stupid. I couldn't hardly wait for it to be over. And the special effects looked so fake it was laughable.

I think the story had a lot of potential, but they f-ed it up big time. I thought it was an absolute waste of money. Hell, i'm still pi$$ed!

I want my money back.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
When taken out of context, that actually sounds less like a line from a seriously scary religion-based horror film and more like something from some Pokemon cartoon or something...

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
MikeD said:
When taken out of context, that actually sounds less like a line from a seriously scary religion-based horror film and more like something from some Pokemon cartoon or something...
MikeD likes Pokemon. :D
Pika Pika!

mcA896

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2003
Cape Cod, MA
MikeD said:
Heh, a friend and I were heading from 60' back up to the boat off Okinawa and our GFs yacked simultaneously off the boat...it's pretty nasty to see from underneath...a yellow cloud with little chunks sinking out of it.

Anyhow, aren't possessed people by definition 'out of character??'

MD

nasssty about the puke. i hate any and all puke and cant stand to see it.

about the out of character thing, you would have to see it to know. its got to do with him wanting to do her. i doubt its sayable on the :dancing:

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
Dog Welder said:
you wanna see scary...check out The Grudge...I just saw the original Japanese version and it scared the piss out of me. Think the Ring...just more f'ed up
has anyone else see The Grudge? i finally watched _the ring_ last night and thought it was well done. pretty creepy flick. gotta rent _ringu_ next.