Quantcast

The Food Stand Thread

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
I'm in Portland all week.

The only places that are open when I get off work at the Egyptian places. Some are better than others.

Stepping over people sleeping on the streets gets old and tiring though. God, I hate this city...

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Its not all bad. I have good friends in Portland and enjoy my time when I visit. Theres places I want to visit but haven't had the chance. Like the Spruce Goose and the Benchmade factory. The mountain biking access is not great but the urban bicycle culture is gigantic. I heard the abandoned car rate is very high. That's probably a good thing for certain people.

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
What exactly makes Portland a Shithole?
have you been there?

Maybe i'm biased because I only come here for work and I do a lot of work on the streets and the streets are filled with druggie losers.

"hey man, got any spare change....?"

and my standard response is, "no, i need my spare change to buy drugs and alcohol with later.." or sometimes I go with, "no, but I do have a job...."

I got Egyptian again tonight. Chicken, rice, some spicy sauce... yum

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
have you been there?

Maybe i'm biased because I only come here for work and I do a lot of work on the streets and the streets are filled with druggie losers.

"hey man, got any spare change....?"

and my standard response is, "no, i need my spare change to buy drugs and alcohol with later.." or sometimes I go with, "no, but I do have a job...."

I got Egyptian again tonight. Chicken, rice, some spicy sauce... yum
I have not been to Portland since 2003. It wasn't all that nice. I had hoped it got better. My friends from Jersey live in Gresham. They make it sound like paradise. They got a town called Happy Valley nearby? Low taxes plenty of jobs. Reliable Public transportation. On paper it sounds like better then here...