Quantcast

The GoPro thread

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
Recently bought a GoPro Hero 3 silver edition and thought this would be a nice place to share set up tips, editing tricks etc for GoPro cameras. User movies are also welcome ofcourse!

So how do I make my movies look like this?

Last edited:

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
Ok I uploaded some footage to my laptop and it seems to be running smooth. But as soon as import it to the gopro editting program it starts to stutter.
Am I doing something wrong or is it my ****ty laptop?

Last edited:

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
For some reason I was under the impression that the GoPro editing program was only compatible with the Hero 2 cameras. I could certainly be wrong about that, but I tried to use it and it would neither detect, or accept any footage from my Hero 3.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
For some reason I was under the impression that the GoPro editing program was only compatible with the Hero 2 cameras. I could certainly be wrong about that, but I tried to use it and it would neither detect, or accept any footage from my Hero 3.
just got a Hero 3 silver, downloaded the latest editing program and camera firmware update. everything seems compatible and is working correctly

ButtersNZ

Monkey
Jun 6, 2013
I find a helmet cam, set to the side (lense furthest away from the helmet, as it's offset) gets good results.
I record in 1080p wide, with protune enabled (for better detail) and (I think) at 48 FPS.

GoPros are awesome. I've been swimming with whales and crashed my bike with my one.

View attachment 115228

View attachment 115229

Last edited: