Quantcast

The grossest thing you have ever eaten.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
I guess bugs on the trail sucked for me because its out of the blue but food poisoning from regular food is the worst - I've gotten it from a salad, eel, and one other things I can't recall before.

I actually like insects - good for you and the environment.

This is lunch in Santa Monica on October 27th (sorry for the crappy camera phone shots).

Fried potato strips with garlic, basil, peppers, and crickets. We got there when they opened and in 15 minutes they were packed for lunch.

They also had waterbugs, scorpions, ants, seaworms, and frog on the menu. The waiter recommended the crickets if we wanted insects. They were pretty good but fried huhu grubs are my favorite insects (nutty and buttery tasting).

Here is the restaurant - cheap, great location, good selection:

http://www.typhoon.biz/

bon appetit

Last edited:

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
Grilled fish eye. Had no clue that behind that shiny gelatinous exterior lies a crunchy white ball of who the **** knows what. Not to mention that the shiny gelatinous exterior transforms into slimy fish flavored super glue on your tongue. Yack.

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
Midwestern "salad" composed of globs of Miracle Whip, grated cheese, chopped iceberg lettuce, frozen peas and baco's.

I still have nightmares about watching the gal making dumping a jar of MW into that mess...ew....

Drunken_Ninja

Turbo Monkey
Aug 25, 2002
Hangin' with Riggs and Mertah
monkey brains. I was in the carribean on a cruise and at sea the laws change as to what they can serve. unfortunately my curiosity got the better of me and i dipped the ladle into the apes brains for a bowl of soup. tasted pretty gross too.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
And BTW, why the heck did you eat bird crap twice?
Once when I was a kid one of our parrot shat in my oatmeal...I didnt see it until later. Then more recently I had some fresh raspberries that I eat before rinsing & in the handful of berries was a berry with bird poop pn it. :huh:

Raw chicken is pretty bad too.

It is funny eveyone's take on gross. The crickets sound good as well as the sharks fin & jelly fish & I love blue cheese AND olives.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Green bell peppers.
I'm with you on the green bell peppers. Funny, I eat all kinds of stuff but the monkies have identified three things I really dislike: blue cheese, olives, and green bell peppers. And for some reason, at least one of those things manage to show up every time I'm with a group and someone else orders the pizza.

:bonk:

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
Anything with fish sauce!!

Let me clarify though. I have not one, but TWO kinds of fish sauce at home, and I eat it on a regular basis. Can't get enough of the stuff!!

Here is why it is "gross" though... how it is made.

Go out to see and cast out your net. Anything that is too small to filet becomes teh fish sauce. Just take a barrel and put in a small layer of salt. Then put in a layer of the fish, a layer of salt, fish, salt, fish, salt...
Leave said barrel of raw fish and salt out in the hot tropical sun for about 3-4 months. Any liquid that comes up to the surface is the fish sauce.

MMmmmmm Makes me hungry thinking about it.
I can handle the sea urchin, fish roe, Monkfish liver and stuff like that no problem.

the next most gross thing that I've ever had was some french toast (as a kid) where the babysitter mixed up the salt container with the sugar.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
I've ordered and eaten Lengua taco's at a wagon I trusted. Just as an experiment. Tongue is chewy stuff, and I found I'm not really stoked on it.

I've probably eaten grosser food and just didn't know it. in Sushi, at random taco wagons etc...

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
I ate fried beef brains when I was a kid in the middle of Iowa somewhere since that what my Grandpa ordered.

Attended a "Testicle Festival" in Nebraska but was too hungover to eat and just drank beer and watched a couple buddies eat balls.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
raw haddock with onions on a cracker. had to eat it since it's apparently some polish tradition for christmas.

blech.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
Don't go to Japan you f*ckers they are shocking here. Octopus sashimi is probably the worst thing I've eaten personally, pretty tame really as it has no real taste but the texture is awful. The worst thing I've seen eaten is squid guts marinaded in its own ink. Unspeakably vile.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
pig spine in Brazil. I don't think that is even legal in the states because of the danger of prions that nervous tissue presents.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
- sea urchin
- some kind of worms that got into my cheerios; after the third bite i noticed my cereal was writhing
- soul food
- rotten chicken; it was on the edge in the morning & i had it atop my monitor @ work for a few hrs. i mixed it in w/ some soup. it didn't end well.

why has no one suggested snowballs, peanuts, vegemite or boogers? come now, fess up.