Quantcast

-- The Holiday Weekend Ride Thread --

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
I'm off and will be out of town until Sunday, so let's do this all in one shot.

Any big ride plans though the weekend? Any turkey day riding planned?

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
No turkey ride planned. I am hoping to get some riding in Friday afternoon and Sunday. :thumb:

Sunday is pretty much a lock....if the damn rain holds off.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
We'll see. I've been off my bike for 2 full weeks now trying to let my knee heal. I'm itching to get out there.

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
I had a nice rainy ride to work this morning. It was a blast. My co-workers think I'm crazy. I walked in to the office dripping-wet with a big smile. :)

No rides over the weekend, I'll have my hands full with both an 8-year old and a 9-year old nephew. Should be a hoot.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
We have our annual Trailblazers tradition of a Thanksgiving morning ride, rain, snow, or shine. Other than that, it's outdoor riding whenever the skies are clear, or trainer whenever they're not.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Ahhh what goes better with a taste of Turkey then a taste of the Ouachita Challenge???

The Challenge pre ride will be from Big Brushy campground and will use the Ouachita trail and forest roads to make a 5 to 6 hour ride of 40 miles or so. Saturday after Thanksgiving, start at 8 am. No support, everyone has to provide their own water, food and especially repair capability but we won't be too far away from civilization.

This will be the 4th year for the "new" Ouachita Challenge and this and this year as usual there will be a preview ride of some of the trail that will be included in the spring "challenge.

The pre ride will be on Sat. Nov. 27 and will start from Big Brushy campground at 8 am. This is an UNSUPPORTED ride on the O.T. using FS roads to make a loop of about 6 hours. There will be several shortcuts if you can't finish but please remember to bring lots of water, food and spare parts. We hope to have simple maps of the route available.

wooglin

Monkey
Apr 4, 2002
SC
60 something solo road miles around Fort Jackson planned for Friday. Should be sunny and a bit chilly, perfect for burning off turkey and pumpkin pie.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
http://www.fomba.com/

“Come join us for the traditional Thanksgiving weekend ride!”

FOMBA's 10th Annual "TURKEY BURNER" Mountain Bike Fun Ride

To Benefit The Auburn Volunteer Rescue Squad

This is the final event of the 2004 EFTA / NEMBA Fun Ride Series.

When: Friday, Nov. 26, 2004

Register and ride! Everyone off by 10:00am.

Where: Lake Massabesic Front Park, Manchester, NH

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
wooglin said:
Does that mean you're thinking of doing the real thing in the spring?

No, alas, my racing schedule is already full. I'm trying to hit some new spots this year because I think I will "retire" after it. I want to get back to trying new riding spots for fun I think.

wooglin

Monkey
Apr 4, 2002
SC
Heidi said:
No, alas, my racing schedule is already full. I'm trying to hit some new spots this year because I think I will "retire" after it. I want to get back to trying new riding spots for fun I think.
Bummer. I'm already looking forward to it. If nothing else it gets me on the trainer. :)

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
wooglin said:
Bummer. I'm already looking forward to it. If nothing else it gets me on the trainer. :)
Yah, I have plenty to keep me on the trainer though. :) The Texas Nationals will be nice and early in my season. WOOHOO