Quantcast

the IF has landed

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
picked up yesterday evening from SuspectDevice, and this thing's a beauty. can't wait to ride it, either a quick spin after work tonight, but most certainly into work tomorrow.

spec is mainly 105 (fr der and brakes are ultegra), and ritchey.

:love:

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
So, this is a HUGE change! :) Wow, that is going to feel like sheer power! You'll be amazed at how agile the IF will be!!!!

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
it took all of 2 hrs to get my first compliment...gassed up @ the rest stop @ charlton stop off the pike, and some dude saw it and was impressed. :thumb:

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Nice! I LOVE my crown jewel (silver/charcoal fade, 10spd record carbon) and really need to ride it more. The best feeling bike I've ever owned.

I hope that's your saddle....it looks thoroughly marinated in taint juice :dead:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
sonofabitch......i'd approve if i could.

EDIT: I could and did.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
indieboy said:
whatcya think of it?
hard to say because:

1 - i've not been on a road bike in close to 20 years

2 - i've only been on it twice, for commutes.

so far so good, though! hopefully i will get in a longer ride next week (going on vacation this week, and there's only room for the big bikes).

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
aye, but it was a pretty informal fitting in the jiminy peak parking lot. i did give him some measurements prior to, so he could work on spec'ing a stem and bars and post. i think it fits fine, but then again my frame of reference is practically zero.

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
Most half-assed fit, ever. Reach and drop are dialed, but I didn't do a thing with the saddle height or position, especially since I didn't have any of his other bikes to work with. I went for a ride with that bikes siblings yesterday. 2 other crown jewels with the excat same paintjob. It was the washed up NCC elite team ride.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
SuspectDevice said:
Most half-assed fit, ever. Reach and drop are dialed, but I didn't do a thing with the saddle height or position, especially since I didn't have any of his other bikes to work with. I went for a ride with that bikes siblings yesterday. 2 other crown jewels with the excat same paintjob. It was the washed up NCC elite team ride.
i actually lowered the saddle about 1/2" from where it was. didn't change the fore/aft position.