Quantcast

The last person to post a picture from their last bike ride wins access to the white courtesy phone.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van

Warranty replacement cranks, spruced up fork, and well bled brakes. Pret-ty good.

24km and about 1,000m of climbing.

Kicked ass.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
Apparently 29ers can hit the jumps.

My buddy during a quick jump session after lapping the UCSC trails. There's a little park with a dirt jump/pump track area and a brewery nearby (Harvey West Park and Santa Cruz Ale Works). It's a great way to wind down a ride.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
Found a ridiculously steep and narrow section of trail in my local area. Makes for a fun ride. 1500' of climbing to the top in 3 miles and the way down is even steeper. Had a fun time of it last week, some serious survival riding. I ended up getting bucked and doing half a somersault off the bike. Got stopped by a tree and stuck upside down at which point my cellphone exited my pack (I need automatic zippers apparently). I didn't notice the missing phone until I was at the bottom of the trail. Since it was dark and I was tired I had to go back the next day and do a search and rescue mission for the missing phone lol.

Warning: Mediocre footage ahead. The sun was already behind the hill so the GoPro wasn't getting enough light to make for great footy.

Skip to 5:40 if you just wanna see me fall on my face

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
10 points to whoever can name the riding movie in which this is featured.

Did some good climbing before it got too hot out

Last edited:

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
Found this dude crossing the road near the trail head. He did not like my picking him up to carry him to safety. He looks kinda little in this pic but he is by far the biggest non-snapping turtle I've seen around here. Prob a foot long length wise.
IMG_4671.jpg

When I finished and came back to the truck, I found this. Apparently she was checking on my car and did not see tire ruts which are about 12 inches deep. Car was resting on the trim on the opposite side. Despite strong urge to "stick it too the man" I pulled her out and did not fuck up her squad car. She was cool with our (unsanctioned) trails and was interested to hear about the shady shit that goes on out there. Never a bad thing to be in good with the 5-0, particularly given the high volume of moronic redneckery around our trails.
IMG_4672.jpg

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
Took the 29r for a spin in honor of GM's victory at Fort Bill. Was pretty hot yesterday so the pup needed plenty of creek time. Good excuse for me to rest without acknowledging my poor fitness.

IMG_4692.jpg