Quantcast

The last person to post a picture from their last bike ride wins access to the white courtesy phone.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I had just started my ride when I came barreling around a corner and found a bridge washed downstream thanks to our ridiculous June weather. Some helpful soul had kindly placed a stick and some rocks right in the center of the trail about 2 feet in front of the bridge. In avoiding the stick, I couldn't get my shit together to bunny hop the creek, and ended up with this situation...
View attachment 125711

After some laughing and a bit of cursing, I then did what any man worth a shit would have done in the first place. Just when I thought my opinion of our local riding scene could sink no lower I see something like this and prove myself wrong.
View attachment 125712

Thankfully bike and rider were fine and the rest of the ride was fun other than clearing storm debris constantly.
Trim that head tube FFS.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
:crazy:

Is there enough light in the forest to start or do you use a little lamp?
We're farther north out here, and the days are a little longer. Plenty of light this time of year. It's a little dim when I first start pedalling, but by the time I get to the top of my climb, it has brightened right up.

The temps are perfect, and the soil seems to have a little more moisture in it.

I'm actually really enjoying it. There's a bit of a #dadlife factor adding to the need for early rides, of course...

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
fortunately the hike a bike up is made worth it by being even steeper, rougher, rockier, gully-ier, and drop-ier on the way down.

@Da Peach reminds me that i need to get back into doing some of these early morning rides to get more mtn time in. even with riding on average once a week for the past few weeks i feel much stronger.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
I made a video because XC is so exciting... this is along the Missouri River. The bike is in full squish mode and there was a fair amount of pedaling involved, that.s why bouncy.

Last edited:

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Today's ride did not suck. Two days ago I was riding in 100° and crazy humidity in TX. Today freaking 60s and no rain. Perfect.
013ab958dad5b70be6f3795240be4863194cfc6083.jpg

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Did a metric asspile of pedaling this weekend.

Friday

Saturday

Sunday

Monday

America Day

The topanga fire was smoking out everything yesterday, made the climbing just a bit more special

If you squint you can see a black speck, that's a C17 flying in circles, it was there for like 20 minutes, no clue WTF for