Quantcast

The last person to post a picture from their last bike ride wins access to the white courtesy phone.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
For some reason Denali doesn't show up well despite pointing right at it, but I swear it's crystal clear and visible.
IMG_4360.JPG

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Pic makes that section look flat when it's actually a gnarly little drop in.
It was funny, the day we went there and took this picture, is was just a little chute at the intersection. When we returned one week later, someone had gone up and put in 3-4 big 'ole log stairs and a bunch of rock armor.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Warm one today due to Freedom Warming™, about 40 degrees up in the mountains and you could feel the jets of warm air pouring down the valley. Had to pull sleeves up and roll pogies back.

IMG_4390.JPG
IMG_4389.JPG

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
Mostly cutting new trail but had to do some product testing as well...
IMG_5537.jpg

As with any good ride, we all had beers afterwards. Winter (my pup) made sure that she was not left out...
IMG_5540.jpg

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
Moar trail work with @jackalope, @roflbox, and a clutch of excellent trail pups. We've cut in a bunch of really good stuff already--can't wait for spring.

Hard to see, but this is an embellishment of dirt humps that were already there. Gonna be a tight line of gappable rollers.
IMG_5627.jpg

Rolo approved.
IMG_5629.jpg

It was a damn fine day to be in the woods instead of at work.
IMG_5633.jpg

The dogs' stoke levels were at an all time high. They did zoomies in the snow for hours.
IMG_5635.jpg

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
Had the Friday off, and it's hot and muggy as hell here thanks to a heavy dose of rain yesterday.

Whiiiich means that a couple of my favorite tracks are be in ridiculously slippery fun condition!
Rode from my place to Rata Ridge (one of Jerome Clementz all time fave tracks), even with the grip from 2.8 minions it was wild!
essentially an hour and a bits worth of wet roots mixed with clay and leaf litter so deep it's like loam!

Sadly the Di2 died near the end just before I got to the high speed clay fire road finish.
So to make the lil pinch climbs meant I had to no brake the thing which was twitchy in the off camber descending wet clay corners!

#DentistsDayOut

ripitripitgood.jpg

Last edited:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Some great riding was had yesterday, in above freezing temperatures. We missed the sunset by about 5 minutes. Still made for some cool skies.

Could really go for some dirt rides though!

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Camped overnight.

One friend (left) is training for iditarod race to McGrath. Guy on right is not. Me and guy on left are both going to do a 100 mile race next month in this same area/trail system that requires all the gear we used on this trip, but it's generally more of a joke because with checkpoints 20 miles apart, you don't really need to carry all of it or camp out like we did. This ride was more of a validation for me of being able to camp in the winter in the -°F temps with my gear. We rode out a little after mid-day and it was about -10 at the parking lot when we started, got to maybe -20, then at the river for some reason it got to around +4 (usually it's the opposite of this, the river is the coldest), then we went into the frozen-lake-and-swamp area with dozens of lakes and swamps, where it got cold again, rode around in a loop when we got lost, then decided to camp late at night and wait for morning to figure out where we were. It was probably -10 to -20 in camp. I used my NorthFace -20 bag, OR Alpine Bivy Sack, Thermarest pad, 4-season Optimus Vega stove, and on the bike Salsa harness and Revelate bags. All this stuff worked pretty fantastic, I was comfy and warm at night. The real test was getting up into cold gear and getting warm, which I was able to do. My biggest issue is circulation at my extremities and getting them warm, so being able to do something like this was a big achievement for me.

IMG_4428 (Edited)s.jpg

IMG_4435 (Edited).JPG
IMG_4430.JPG

Last edited: