Quantcast

The last person to post a picture from their last bike ride wins access to the white courtesy phone.

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004

A variety of factors led to me getting out of the house later than intended. Combined with crap trail conditions (i was overly optimistic...) and some intestinal distress meant I just screwed around on some rocks vs. driving more to get to non-crap condition trail.

Note to self; get up earlier tomorrow, drive south.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
question for the group: is it possible to embed videos I uploaded to my google photos account? To link my pictures above, I discovered I can "copy image location" from my Photos account, and then paste that link into the 'embed image' function here. Using that same approach did not allow me to post a video that is in my Photos account.

amishmatt

Turbo Monkey
Sep 21, 2005
Lancaster, PA
More than a week old now, but this is from my last ride:

IMG_2889.JPG

Now sporting new and improved version with a pin holding everything together. Not pictured: Concussion, fractured nose, chipped tooth, fractured ribs.

amishmatt

Turbo Monkey
Sep 21, 2005
Lancaster, PA
but were you wearing warm socks?!

that sucks... 'the hell did you do!? encounter with a moose?! punch a tree in a blind rage?!
Boosted off a root into a small DH section of trail like I always do. Only this time something went wrong and my rear wheel kicked way up in the air - too far to recover or ride out the landing. Hit front wheel first and augured straight into the ground. Cracked helmet, bike is fine. Six weeks off the bike for sure.

Not a particularly rocky section of trail. I just hit the ground hard.