Quantcast

The last person to post a picture from their last bike ride wins access to the white courtesy phone.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Oh look, a couch. Laid the bike down on some ice, at the top of a little chute. Good thing, or else I would have plowed right into a downed tree at hip level at the bottom...

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Playing with a Hero5 Session mounted under helmet visor AND making the best impression of Darth Vader at the same time.
Basically the setup looks like this:

And here is a lousy video of slow lousy riding

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Playing with a Hero5 Session mounted under helmet visor AND making the best impression of Darth Vader at the same time.
Basically the setup looks like this:

And here is a lousy video of slow lousy riding
What settings did you use? That seems pretty stable actually for being on your helmet. I think I still like videos best when they show some of the handlebars.

StiHacka

Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
What settings did you use? That seems pretty stable actually for being on your helmet. I think I still like videos best when they show some of the handlebars.
720p 60fps superview. Apparently the S5 has some digital image stabilization built-in, I can turn it off in the menu.
It looks like YT likes it better when converted to 30fps.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
720p 60fps superview. Apparently the S5 has some digital image stabilization built-in, I can turn it off in the menu.
It looks like YT likes it better when converted to 30fps.
It took me a long time to figure out what video modes work best. My favorite video mode to shoot riding is 2.7K Super View, 30fps. Shooting in 2.7K Super means you can crop the frame to 1080 if you want or leave it super wide. The Linear setting in 2.7K is also really nice for non-riding shots or for riding shots where you need a narrow angle.

There's no reason to shoot in less than 1080 unless you want super slow mo options. I just leave the stabilization on all the time unless there's a specific reason I don't need it, it actually works pretty good.

StiHacka

Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
It took me a long time to figure out what video modes work best. My favorite video mode to shoot riding is 2.7K Super View, 30fps. Shooting in 2.7K Super means you can crop the frame to 1080 if you want or leave it super wide. The Linear setting in 2.7K is also really nice for non-riding shots or for riding shots where you need a narrow angle.

There's no reason to shoot in less than 1080 unless you want super slow mo options. I just leave the stabilization on all the time unless there's a specific reason I don't need it, it actually works pretty good.
Thank you for the tips. I am assuming you use some advanced post-processing software? As effing microsoft removed the Movie Maker from Win10, I only have access to the GoPro Quick abomination.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
Thank you for the tips. I am assuming you use some advanced post-processing software? As effing microsoft removed the Movie Maker from Win10, I only have access to the GoPro Quick abomination.
I have an older pirated :pirate: version of Adobe Premier. There are free options that would probably be better than Quick. That shit is a headache, I watched my girlfriend use it and cried inside.

https://blog.hubspot.com/marketing/video-editing-software

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Movie Maker kind of sucks, but you can still install it on Windows 10 if you can find the install file for Windows Essentials. :nerd:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windowslive/forum/livemail-wlinstall/windows-essentials-2012-microsoft-offline/0dbbd92a-991c-48d7-8157-26decd351da8

I have the offline installer if you really want it. Its about 130mb.

StiHacka

Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Movie Maker kind of sucks, but you can still install it on Windows 10 if you can find the install file for Windows Essentials. :nerd:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windowslive/forum/livemail-wlinstall/windows-essentials-2012-microsoft-offline/0dbbd92a-991c-48d7-8157-26decd351da8

I have the offline installer if you really want it. Its about 130mb.
Thank you for the help! That link is down now, but someone posted a link to a wayback machine with the original download so I am downloading it now. It Looks like it is about 130MB big. :)

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
My bike resting before beginning a 2100 ft descent down from 9600ft this evening.
20180427_175844_resized.jpg

Last edited:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Got out on dirt for the first time of the season today. was supposed to rain, so my buddies all bailed. conditions were pretty much perfect.

full rigid is a bit harsh in the rock gardens

it was awesome out there. I love dirt.

took a shortcut to get home.

:neo:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp

Got out on dirt for the first time of the season today. was supposed to rain, so my buddies all bailed. conditions were pretty much perfect.

full rigid is a bit harsh in the rock gardens

it was awesome out there. I love dirt.

took a shortcut to get home.

:neo:
Looks good...

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Found this after stopping to clear dog shit off the trail that was most likely left by a passive aggressive hiker with a dog who thinks only they should be on the trails, despite the fact that the trails were built for and maintained by mountain bikers. I've found enough poops recently to know it's probably one jerk responsible for this. But I digress...

sal-thuper.jpg