Quantcast

The Mile and Crack? Pacifica

Any one wanna hook me up with directions up The mile and Crack? i can get to the top of Boyscout, so can you hook me up with directions from the top of boyscout ?

if you want to ride with me and 2 other peeps, we be riding on Saturday for most of the day

thanks

Jerott

black noise

Turbo Monkey
Dec 31, 2004
Santa Cruz
Mile is the rocky, narrow trail going up the ridge above top of Boyscout. I hear Crack is higher above that. So if you're at the stepdown/drop at the very top of Boyscout, go backwards, down the little hill, then up the trail that goes to the right of the road. The road might meet up with Crack much higher up, but when I was there I just hiked up Mile.

Backpack1

Monkey
Mar 16, 2005
GNORKAL
I could hack out a bad simple map here, but not sure if it's cool to blow up the spot here like that w/bad graphics and all.. Let me just tell you that hiking up Mile is NOT the best way to the Crack...ride up Planet of the Apes rd and find the bottom of the Crackl east of the 4-way intersection at the saddle of the hill/top of the pavement. You then hike up the Crack...up...up...up up some more. It can be sketchy...not for beginners, if you get hurt anywhere up there, sac up and get out of there before calling for help, ok?

Biscuit

Turbo Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
Pleasant Hill, CA
BIGHIT8989 said:
Any one wanna hook me up with directions up The mile and Crack? i can get to the top of Boyscout, so can you hook me up with directions from the top of boyscout ?

if you want to ride with me and 2 other peeps, we be riding on Saturday for most of the day

thanks

Jerott
Saturday eh? I might be down.. as long as my new fork and shock show up.

BTW - hiked up AMTRAK the other day. It was very depressing. So many sweet burms destroyed.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
:mumble:

Stay off the boyscout trail (the lower part with all the built stuff) for at least another month or so, or risk it being shut down for good. It is private property and we are able to ride there ONLY because the owner is cool about it, but he is not cool with people riding when it's wet because it destroys the trails (i.e., it destroys his property).

It has been raining a lot lately and will rain all week. Stay off boyscout.

Backpack1

Monkey
Mar 16, 2005
GNORKAL
OGRipper said:

Stay off the boyscout trail (the lower part with all the built stuff) for at least another month or so, or risk it being shut down for good. It is private property and we are able to ride there ONLY because the owner is cool about it, but he is not cool with people riding when it's wet because it destroys the trails (i.e., it destroys his property).

Um...nevermind.

OGRipper said:

good to know thanks

Backpack1

Monkey
Mar 16, 2005
GNORKAL
heres a 3rd grade alternate perspective - if you think this is too much info I'll delete it, but it's all over the net. Pls dont ruin all the hard work that goes into the features on Boyscout by riding wet, and for dog's sake, dont build any eucalyptus abominations that will be torn down as they have had to in past years.
Another bit of advice - DO NOT PARK on Higgins Road where the Blue 'P' is on the map - there is no need to have vehicles there other than laziness...makes us look like asses to the people who live there, some of whom are asses themselves. Park near the beach / Gearhead Cycles and make the short ride past the farm, etc.

Attachments

Rye_Bread said:
umm maybe, I was thinking about santa cruz, tell chrissie to find a DH bike to ride...and who is your friend?
The friend is Vicent, not really a good rider, but he;s practically my brother, we're going out there for his b-day. Chrissie dun have a DH bike, still riding the tazer. but she makes it work

also, i trust you in your opinion, will mile and crack be worth going out and riding even if it is raining? not gonna be to much of a slop fest will it ?

let me know if your down to go, Rich (east bay rich) gave me REALLY good directions so if you can;t go its all good. But if you could go that'd be tight, i need to ride with someone better than me :rolleyes: hehe.

peace out

~jerott

Rye_Bread

Monkey
Mar 22, 2006
Boulder
BIGHIT8989 said:
The friend is Vicent, not really a good rider, but he;s practically my brother, we're going out there for his b-day. Chrissie dun have a DH bike, still riding the tazer. but she makes it work

also, i trust you in your opinion, will mile and crack be worth going out and riding even if it is raining? not gonna be to much of a slop fest will it ?

let me know if your down to go, Rich (east bay rich) gave me REALLY good directions so if you can;t go its all good. But if you could go that'd be tight, i need to ride with someone better than me :rolleyes: hehe.

peace out

~jerott
I think Tasso and Co. and I will be there saturday, so you should come too.

-Ryan

bomberboy11

Monkey
Jul 15, 2005
At a computer...duh
justsomeguy said:
Green = fireroad climb
Yellow = Mile
Red = Crack

Whaaaaat....just push the bike up Crack, especially if it's your first time and you aren't used to steep crazy rock chutes. It saves time and you can pick some lines first. Just remember, the more straight the line (even with drops) the faster and easier it is. It's especially fun when it's wet...nothing like flying down slick wet rocks.

As far as verbal directions - go to the top of boyscout, continue up the fire road until you get to a 4 way intersection and go left, then go up to the first right (bring some hiking shoes....) and go to the top where it comes out on a fire road again, then go back down the way you came. That's the crack. Cross the fire road at the bottom, climb, go through the S-turn, climb, go up a steep ass climb (most likely pushing), make a left after it curves around to the right, keep going along a short mellow slightly downhill section and turn right before it goes back uphill again - I believe it's the first right you can make. Keep going along the singletrack and it will get gnarly quick. There are a ton of different lines you can take. If you have the energy/time, it is worth it to do it a few times in a row and really explore the whole rock garden since there are some super fun lines through it.

East Bay Rich

Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
WC CA
BIGHIT8989 said:
let me know if your down to go, Rich (east bay rich) gave me REALLY good directions so if you can;t go its all good.
heh heh, my directions were essentially the same as justsomeguy's directions. Credit goes to him.
ebr

bomberboy11 said:
Whaaaaat....just push the bike up Crack, especially if it's your first time and you aren't used to steep crazy rock chutes. It saves time and you can pick some lines first. Just remember, the more straight the line (even with drops) the faster and easier it is. It's especially fun when it's wet...nothing like flying down slick wet rocks.

As far as verbal directions - go to the top of boyscout, continue up the fire road until you get to a 4 way intersection and go left, then go up to the first right (bring some hiking shoes....) and go to the top where it comes out on a fire road again, then go back down the way you came. That's the crack. Cross the fire road at the bottom, climb, go through the S-turn, climb, go up a steep ass climb (most likely pushing), make a left after it curves around to the right, keep going along a short mellow slightly downhill section and turn right before it goes back uphill again - I believe it's the first right you can make. Keep going along the singletrack and it will get gnarly quick. There are a ton of different lines you can take. If you have the energy/time, it is worth it to do it a few times in a row and really explore the whole rock garden since there are some super fun lines through it.
Thanks for the few tips, and as the verbal direction i already know how to get there. Thanks though

dvo

Chimp
May 31, 2004
"and for dog's sake, dont build any eucalyptus abominations that will be torn down as they have had to in past years."

if the land had not changed hands i would have been stoked to ride that abomination.....