Quantcast

the my ride today thread. (road)

pumpkinator

Monkey
Dec 4, 2008
fingered that some of us who get to ride can post about it on a thread so as to allow the monkeys whom have not been able to ride something to satisfy their craving with.

i rode today with swcc, tried to stay with the 'a' group which that is all that showed but i got dropped at around 9 miles in. myself and another rode together, also dropped you could say, to the halfway/rest/turnaround convenience store at 25 miles where it turns out that we were not far behind the original mass breakaway group.

rested for about a minute and we all took of again but i got dropped quickly and proceeded to get got lost, twice.

2.59.41 time

ending average: 16 but that was after i rode back alone, first half was closer to 18.

distance: 47.8

windy at times but all in all , a great ride!

pumpkinator

Monkey
Dec 4, 2008
when read back to one's own self, that story pretty much sucks. i will try again tomorrow.

am i seriously the only one who rode a road bike today?

pumpkinator

Monkey
Dec 4, 2008
are monkeys retarded or is perhaps a drought of bananas ?

like i said biocthes, again:

time: 2.39.36
ending avereage: 18.8 but it was around 19 when the group got back to starting point and i had something like 48.7 miles and i wanted fifty so i rolled ondown a street slowly just to get that and it lowered the average.
distance: 50.4 miles

gigantual group with a few friendly faces. i pretty much road with the president of swcc for the entire ride. he got a flat about 20 miles in and many held back to wait..i was with him at this point.

funnya, buta ia thinka i'ma reallya gonna wreaka havoca ona thea locala cyclinga scenea, bigtimea!

later monkeys.

pumpkinator

Monkey
Dec 4, 2008
btw, when the president guy had to fix a flat, we all lost quite a bit of momentum /minutes and i'd have to assume that we could've cut off around 5 minutes of that total time. eh, sh!t happens and i just mention it cuz i am getting faster and like to check the times and it's gonna be because of these guys that my riding improves.

pumpkinator

Monkey
Dec 4, 2008
so, i was riding from the hoOd on my way up to westhiemer to get out onto some open roads only to cut through a parking lot of a convenience store to run over something that caused me a flat. i made it up about three quarters of a block and then realized what had happened and walked it the rest of the way to another convenience store where low and behold i pulled out that one c02 cartridge from me genuine innovations flat tire repair kit and spent a few minutes just breathing and stretching and going over the bike and decided it best to not go out on the open roads without some more cartridges and possibly a new rear tire. i inspected the inner of the tire, rubbing my fingers through out the entirety of the inside :brows:, and the tape on the rim to check for debre, she held all the way back with no problems but i have skidded on her before so she has a few flat spots.

time: 1.22.00
lot's of sidewalk riding and a few good blocks of breaching 27 mph plus playing chicken with two school buses and then drafting with and from a nice mustang and driver who knew what i was doing on w. bellfort later average: 12.6
distance:17.29

i sir will say this and obviously to know one in particular, i'm slowly starting to open up my mind to the possibilities that it's not neccassarily how long one spends on the bike but rather the importance and end result and quality of various kinds of rides.
i stretched out a bit and played around with my seat again throughout the ride-before the flat and while the computer was running i think about three times-and am almost at the point where my core is back to normal and the seating arrangement between myself and the pumkinator can finally be permanent. i feel a bit more at ease on the bike after just a few short good thrusts and the efficiency level as i connected with a bullseye today on her had to have gone up as this was just too easy.
oh well, i guess i'll find out more this weekend after i get my new componentry as that might could affect me just a tad bit as well.

btw, anyone wanna buy an s-works road frame? i think it's a 56.5, the same as my other bike, the tarmac. toninator?

Last edited:

pumpkinator

Monkey
Dec 4, 2008
anyone wanna buy a super six or six six one or whatever it is? i also believe it to be of the same size, maybe a 58 but i dunno.

frame alone will be going for $500 firm.

pumpkinator

Monkey
Dec 4, 2008
distance:24.86
time:1.43.01
average:14.5

on the way out as the wind was a bit friendlier, my average was near 17 and i rolling around 21.

took off from the place, head out towards the braes bayou trail and head east into downtown. the trail is alright but would be better on a cross bike as there are roots and cracks all over the place on it but what the hey, it's a trail, right?

roll for about five miles and somehow end up at the red light intersection of old spanish trail and fannin and think 'dam, look at this road, she's perty'., and thus make a right onto ost and head back west for a mile or two until the tar stops and the concrete begins and make a u-turn and head back east on ost, still tarred on the other side as well. things are looking and feeling pretty good although i just haven't made it to that permamnent sitting as my gut and my dam spine are all outta whack but i kept a good 22 mph for the about for to five miles until i hit interstate 45 and get on the feeder heading south. i ride for two block on 45 and decide i'd better not kill myself today if i'm to collect two bicyles tomorrow after the ride as i'm not sure as to what to expect any more although each time i'm tested with others my progress is unchartable and i'm hoping that the same and then some uccurs tomorrow and sunday as i felt better and had a much better ride this last sunday as this last saturday was the prep for sunday as i hadn't really ridden all week or nothing serious at least.

anywho, it's still beautiful outside, 78 and sunny with a decent breeze and i got out for a bit so that was good.

can monkeys really ride bicyles? you bet your ass they can! :monkeydance:

Last edited:

pumpkinator

Monkey
Dec 4, 2008
i can;t stand cat eye any more. everytime i take it off or move it or whatnot, i keep hitting the start/stop button as i just did after my ride which started the clock again and as i now look at it, everything has gone to monkey poop.

memore serves me as such:

time: 1.06.?? (somehwere around there)

distance is the same so: 18.58

average: 15.9 but it now shows 13.8.

dam, i thought that it wouldn't change the average if the cat eye wasn't on the bike but it's been running for about 13-14 minutes and it went down and she has been off of the bike. that suxors me buxors something extra fierxors!!

oh well, first ride in about five days. well, at least worth reporting since i had to work a bit for this one. plus i had to work the soreness outta me body from the siezure from friday night which i did and it felt dam goOd!

funny how you can stretch every which way from the first african president and all the way back to Abraham Lincoln but it's not until one's on the bike and working and digging and working for that self respect that one actually stretches out. well, at least that is how it is for me as it takes some serous effort in the 12 and 13 to get me to actually feel at one with the spin but i'm still a noOb all in all , not like Sir Will or Miss Mitch or Sir Lance or any other of you all whom have years in the saddle of your choice. in other words, i am no where near physically fit just yet but i'll get there.

route, braes bayou to somehow on the feeder of 6-10 loop west to stella link to make a right and find a few consecutive rolling hills on that stretch of road heading south and so i go for 'em and man oh man do i need me some pigsah and like with the quickness!!! :)

Sir Will, can you send your wife to Iraq for the weekend please? thAnks pAl!
i don't know if this lady Mel whom is giving me such a hard time is your wife or not but either way, i'ma give her hell from here on in but in the friendly way cuz she asked phur it!

decided it best to not wear a helmet as there wasn't very much traffic anywhere and it was absolutely beautiful!

looking for a group ride in houston for tomorrow morning if any one knows anything. hope you all got a ride in today!

pumpkinator

Monkey
Dec 4, 2008
and i guess it's not so much that i'm so much outta shape any longer as ever since i've owned this bike i've gained strength and a tad bit of form and until this last friday i was feeling at one with the bike just about from the get go. my core is still in need of some serious ironing out but running works much better for me for that than cycling.

i'd have to guess that laying around for almost three days after the siezure is what made it hard in the beginning today.

oh well, alls i know is that i love riding my bicycle but it did take a lot of effort to get mentaly prepared but once i was moving along with the few vehicles on the road at about 24-25 mph for half of a mile to around one mile while every few seconds going into a bigger gear (i.e. 14 to 13 to 12) i started to really feel at one with me pumpkinators but wanted to save myself for a serious ride manyana.

eh, i'll have another story tomorrow.

pumpkinator

Monkey
Dec 4, 2008
and i might add that she's a bit out there, like Mel! :)

google map told me cypress rosehill. cashier at shell at spring rosehill or barker or somewhere out there told me to keep heading west to Roberts and hang a right and you can't miss it. i did and he was right, i'd have to be as blind and dumb as hOod to miss it.

a few vehicles in the parking lot and i had not a clue as to any of the routes so luckily for me some doOd (about as old Guv and chubby as bill) rode up and so i asked him what were the routes and all.

i took off heading south from the Zube parking lot i guess on Roberts, crossed under 290 and the road swung left and then right onto katy hockley.

i just went with it as it was a nice, straight shot.

now i rode from the parking lot out a bit over ten miles all the way to a flashing four way red light in which at that time i checked my mileage and average.

total mileage of ride: 21.89

first half average with not much wind or wind kinda at back for just over ten miles: 22.3

ending average after turn around and maybe 12-13 and at times even just 10 mph due to some serious in your face southerly blowing winds: 15.9

time: 1.22.39

now on to something better than zube. i first bought my old gary fisher marlin (now stolen) from cyclone cycles on 18th street which that specific location is now closed but on my way back home i took fondren and just so happened to come across the original cyclone cycles and so i stopped in and low and behold, my old buddy Daniel (team rider, sponsored by khs i think) is still there. I told him that i wanna get into team racing and i have every intention of dominating everyone and every race i enter (hard to swallow, huh, but then again, so is my mini me...ha!) and i do mean that and thus so, him and his crew invited me out and i eagerly accepted and so i will be at West Oaks this sunday riding with the Cyclone Cycles crowd.

i guess we'll see what happens now but either way, i'm thrilled. :happydance:

Last edited: