Quantcast

The next Shimano gravity group? opinions?

hitar_potar

Monkey
Sep 23, 2011
Ruse, Bulgaria
Do you guys really have such a big problem with a small play in the pedal?
When i bought my Tiogas several years ago, they got some small bearing play after the first 3-4 rides. Opened them, put some new grease inside, closed them, after a few rides they got the play again. In the years to follow, i've opened them once again for the same maintenance. They are still going strong and faultless, together with this super small play. Crazy good grip with 5.10 Sam Hills, no problems whatsoever, and i'm a heavy guy. :)
What's the grip of the old Saints (the new GR-500), and does the new Saint look like the grippier option in your eyes? :)

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
The clipless pedals look sweet, if you like the XTR trails, but wish they were 200g heavier.

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
If you thought the Saint pedal was too heavy at 500g, you can opt for the lighter XT version, also 500g.

Shimano is completely out of touch, have they got one of the fishing reel guys on MTB recon?

He's on a boat somewhere and the phonecalls are always like "yeah, people love the shimano stuff, just keep doing what you're doing"

lobsterCT

Monkey
Jun 23, 2015
The big game reels are solid, but the stella (xtr/duraace of fishing) spinning stuff for popping and jigging tuna is in decline from a previous peak. I suspect money for next to nothing out of thin air from the BOJ promotes share buy back and out of country production and financial shenanigans rather than product and process improvement in their fishing and biking sectors.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
The clipless pedals look sweet, if you like the XTR trails, but wish they were 200g heavier.
...XTR trails are great if you like the M530 but prefer paying 5 times the price for the same thing.

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
...XTR trails are great if you like the M530 but prefer paying 5 times the price for the same thing.
I like how the XTR trails upgrade over the XT trails is a 15g weight saving for $100 extra and a lifespan measured with an egg timer if the rider is over 50kg...