MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
This thread is going to be hilarious if it gets to be like 3 years old and
"the super stoked to floss smiley" :weee:
gets replaced by
"I'm gonna kill the next person who does not buy our house smiley" :rant:
That's about where I was by the end....selling my house was one of the most exhausting and...."emotionally draining" experiences....

So many people out there who just want to waste your time.......

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
That's about where I was by the end....selling my house was one of the most exhausting and...."emotionally draining" experiences....

So many people out there who just want to waste your time.......
We were selling our old house at the same time that we were building a custom house. It was a combination of two nightmares.
Everytime we had a showing, one of us had to leave work and go get one dog and one cat from our old house, and drive them around until the showing was over. A too friendly dog and a too crazy cat = a pain in the ass.
We got lucky and sold our house quick, otherwise my head would have exploded.
All that effort so I can now be house poor for 30 years.:disgust1:

antimony

M.N.F. Beer Wench
Nov 21, 2005
North Carolina
So, one of the couples that looked at the house (for their parents in FL) is ready to make an offer. The parents seem excited, and are coming up to check it out the 1st week of June. We shall see what happens there. :weee:

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
So, one of the couples that looked at the house (for their parents in FL) is ready to make an offer. The parents seem excited, and are coming up to check it out the 1st week of June. We shall see what happens there. :weee:
Yeah....that story was always a good one....

edit: Hey! Yesterday was the 3 month anniversary of this thread!

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
That's almost a month away. They can't be all that serious about the house. Get ready for another low-ball offer as at that point it's been on the market another month.

antimony

M.N.F. Beer Wench
Nov 21, 2005
North Carolina
Well aren't we just a bunch of negative nellies. Don't worry MMike... I won't laugh too hard when my house is off the market in less time than yours.

Happy 3 months to me! :weee:

antimony

M.N.F. Beer Wench
Nov 21, 2005
North Carolina
Actually, for our area and our price range it WAS that bad. I am not talking as some wishful seller here, rather that is the reality of it.

Even if it was reasonable, which it was not, I am not going out like that. It is not a necessity to move right now, just something I would like to do by the end of the summer.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Actually, for our area and our price range it WAS that bad. I am not talking as some wishful seller here, rather that is the reality of it.

Even if it was reasonable, which it was not, I am not going out like that. It is not a necessity to move right now, just something I would like to do by the end of the summer.
Don't encourage him... :p

antimony

M.N.F. Beer Wench
Nov 21, 2005
North Carolina
Showing #23 was yesterday. Feedback: loved it, felt larger than actual sq. footage, on their list.

We turned down a few showings this weekend, since my house was jam packed with people!

:weee:

antimony

M.N.F. Beer Wench
Nov 21, 2005
North Carolina
Well, we have been busy so I haven't updated progress - 8 showings in the last couple weeks.

Today we got an offer, so to sum it up... SOLD! :weee:

Not much off the asking price (within my target range), and they are pre-qualified and ready to move in on June 26th. So, Ecuador for 2 weeks, packing/moving in the next 2 weeks, closing, then going to NH for a long weekend to see my fam and celebrate my bro's college graduation. Let the craziness continue!

:weee: :weee: :weee:

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Well, we have been busy so I haven't updated progress - 8 showings in the last couple weeks.

Today we got an offer, so to sum it up... SOLD! :weee:

Not much off the asking price (within my target range), and they are pre-qualified and ready to move in on June 26th. So, Ecuador for 2 weeks, packing/moving in the next 2 weeks, closing, then going to NH for a long weekend to see my fam and celebrate my bro's college graduation. Let the craziness continue!

:weee: :weee: :weee:
I know here in California, it's not sold until they sign off on all contingencies. Normally after all inspections are done, and they except them.