Quantcast

The Official Iron Horse Sunday / DW-Link Tech. & Tuning Section

lolWes

Chimp
Aug 24, 2011
Does anyone happen to have a pair of 07 front bearing retainers(the part that screws into the front of the link) laying around? I finally found a f7 link, but have had no luck with these parts. Or I will trade someone a brand new f7 lower link for a pre-07 link that has no play. The one currently on my bike has developed some play in it.

Willing to pay whatever is asked plus shipping via paypal. Hopefully I can get this sorted or else I might have to fit in a new frame before a 2 week whistler trip this august.

Thanks

Philbo194

Chimp
Sep 16, 2010
Surrey
Does anyone happen to have a pair of 07 front bearing retainers(the part that screws into the front of the link) laying around? I finally found a f7 link, but have had no luck with these parts. Or I will trade someone a brand new f7 lower link for a pre-07 link that has no play. The one currently on my bike has developed some play in it.

Willing to pay whatever is asked plus shipping via paypal. Hopefully I can get this sorted or else I might have to fit in a new frame before a 2 week whistler trip this august.

Thanks
You can get them from pearce cycles in the UK, should ship worldwide as well.
http://www.pearcecycles.co.uk/product_list/209

Last edited:

mushik

Chimp
May 9, 2007
Anyone have a spare medium or even small front triangle left?
I'd like to change the large one i have with a smaller version.

croucrou

Chimp
May 4, 2011
i have a 2010 sunday medium front triangle, that i would trade for a large, are you interest?

Last edited:

astoria

Chimp
Aug 30, 2009
Hey guys here is my Sunday build, -1 Degree works angleset, and lower link modified to fit an RC4

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Does -1 deg offest makes a noticable difference in handling or overall performance? I want to try an angleset, but i'm confused on what to use. -1 or -2? i'm enjoying the nimbleness of 65 deg but the bike tends to wobble during straight high speed portions, especially coming out of a bermed turn. i've got the dials tuned to my preference, but im still looking for the 'stable feel' on fast portions. will -2 make the sunday sluggish on turns?

Rider15

Chimp
Dec 13, 2008
While I cant comment on what the bike felt like before the works cups went in, I can say that it does feel quite stable, more so than the glory that I can off which had a 65.5HA. I would think that based on what others have tried a -2 angleset on this bike would probably be too much with most people saying that -1 to 1.5 being the best for the Sunday. I believe Udi has tried both and found the -1 to feel the best. You can also change the HA a resonable amount depending on how high or low you run the forks.

Last edited:

GekoES

Chimp
Oct 16, 2012
Spain
While I cant comment on what the bike felt like before the works cups went in, I can say that it does feel quite stable, more so than the glory that I can off which had a 65.5HA. I would think that based on what others have tried a -2 angleset on this bike would probably be too much with most people saying that -1 to 1.5 being the best for the Sunday. I believe Udi has tried both and found the -1 to feel the best. You can also change the HA a resonable amount depending on how high or low you run the forks.
If you are running Fox 40, because if you are running Boxxer you have only one option, totally high.

ritche

Monkey
Dec 3, 2011
Dw gave the F7 linkage drawings to enduro/RWC to make an aftermarket version of the F7 linkage, to fit recent rear shocks (not to change the stock geo).

they said, project was put on hold due to "lack of interest" of sunday owners (therefore not profitable)?

Please help convince them to make it!

astoria

Chimp
Aug 30, 2009
Dw gave the F7 linkage drawings to enduro/RWC to make an aftermarket version of the F7 linkage, to fit recent rear shocks (not to change the stock geo).

they said, project was put on hold due to "lack of interest" of sunday owners (therefore not profitable)?

Please help convince them to make it!
+1 on this. My 06 sunday needs em.

frgeoff

Chimp
Feb 3, 2009
Dw gave the F7 linkage drawings to enduro/RWC to make an aftermarket version of the F7 linkage, to fit recent rear shocks (not to change the stock geo). they said, project was put on hold due to "lack of interest" of sunday owners (therefore not profitable)? Please help convince them to make it!
its not like F7 linkages are hard to come by, i personally have (3) F7 lower link spares. They are pretty simple to properly "trim" with a dremel or die grinder.

The hard part of doing this conversion to adapt F7 lower link on an early model sundayfor guys is acquiring the hardware required ... If enduro/RWC sold the hardware for an F7 link then it would be relevant to consider.

I had a 6-point up until a few months ago. Should never have sold that bike.
between me and my good friend we have 3 sundays, 3 7points, 3 6points, an azure, mkiii, dixon, and jabula. the 6/7points are still 100% relevant bikes by today's standards, especially with a good wheelset/cranks/fork/shock and a slacked works components headset :)

msaman

Chimp
Dec 6, 2012
Guys I have a question for you especially to all riding medium or rode it : )
Can you tell your armspan please?
I am 179(5"10 ) and have a armspan of nearly 190cm (76 inches) I ride medium Sunday with 63 degree HA,50mm stem and 780mm Renthals(38 rise) and sometimes I feel my body too much over the bars I mean the weight ,not going OB :D
I do not feel cramped but I do not feel the large that long either.
I have tried Turner DHR DW ,M9,Summum all large and I was comfy on them mb except the Summum coz the front tyre was way too ahead.The problem is I havent tried all this bikes against the clock to see if there is any difference in time but I feel slower on them and not that agressive comparing to my Sunday.
Do you think the reach is a bit short on the Sunday or I should change my riding position a bit?
Cheers

Last edited:

GekoES

Chimp
Oct 16, 2012
Spain
I don't know, but i am 180 and i tried a M Sunday and found it a bit short, a couple of months later i bought my current L Sunday and i feel very comfy on it.

I ride it with 50mm stem and 780mm Renthals with 20mm rise, and in ride position my chin is right over the bars.

People say that L Sundays are like limousines, i don't think so.

Last edited:

GekoES

Chimp
Oct 16, 2012
Spain
I'm just replying cause I want to be the 4,000 post in this thread! I still ride my 07 Sunday at Creek too.
You are the 4001 :D

And im going to show my last upgrades: seatclamp, chain, cassete, chainring, chainguide and Fatbars.

I have big plans for this bike, like Saint/Code brakes, Saint cranks, BOS linkage+Fox RC4 and new hubs. OMG i need sooooo much money

Last edited:

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I just can't stay away from this thread. Saw some sizing info, thought I'd chime in.

Just picked up a yakuza in size large. With a shorter shock, the geometry is really really similar to a sunday, which is a really good thing.

I'm 5'11", and I love the larger size. I always felt a tad cramped on the M sunday I had, and this big fits perfect. To note, I'm running a 30mm stem, which really makes the bike handle naturally. I suggest that if you're feeling cramped, give the larger one a shot, with or without the shorter stem. I'm super happy I did, and if I were to search for a sunday, it'd have a 24.5" top tube.

Electric_City

Torture wrench
Apr 14, 2007
Motherfv*+&"@ c9:&suck3&! On my phone it said 4000 after I posted and hit refresh!

Nice bike and have fun with it! What's the BOS linkage you mention?

Last edited:

Tomasis

Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Scotland
:)

I still have small size Sunday.

I wanted ask you about the setup. I hate when 60mm stem did bring my legs closer to DC fork but things improved when I cut the bar shorter (790 to 750). I havent figured out whether rise of bar/stack height would give better overall feeling. With higher height, I'd be litteraly standing with very little room to manipulate COG. I remember you mentioned about bar height and what did you get?

Still experimenting with that and relatively long enduro frame from Banshee.

Last edited:

frgeoff

Chimp
Feb 3, 2009
Saw some sizing info, thought I'd chime in... I'm 5'11", and I love the larger size. I always felt a tad cramped on the M sunday I had, and this big fits perfect. To note, I'm running a 30mm stem, which really makes the bike handle naturally. I suggest that if you're feeling cramped, give the larger one a shot, with or without the shorter stem. I'm super happy I did, and if I were to search for a sunday, it'd have a 24.5" top tube.
i am similar size to you 5' 11", 180lbs, 30" inseam and i have both Large and Medium sundays @63.5hta...prefer the medium with 23.5"TT - After 2 seasons of back-to-back bike swapping - MCBP in NJ and shuttling SoMo in AZ >#gnargnar !!< I much prefer my medium sunday with 23.5" TT and 50-60mm stem compared to the large with a 40mm stem. if i was over 6 foot the large would be ideal, neither are limos but the medium is much more flickable for me

my 08 7 point has a 23.5" TT and thats an unreal bike, huge improvement in fit over the 06 7point i had previously

Last edited:

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
20mm on your stem or 40mm MOAR bar width shouldn't bring your legs any closer to the fork stanchions or crowns unless you don't have an opperational spine..

What height are you?

Tomasis

Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Scotland
177cm/5"8.

Currently I have 20mm nukeproof bar 9/5 sweep.

What HA are you running, I have K9 -2 headset adj. laying and wonder how it affect the setup. It would bring bar rearward?

Last edited:

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
64-64.5deg with a slammed flat crown, slightly less when I run a 2.35 rear tyre.. still running standard E13 headet, I'm 3" taller than you and on a small Sunday with a 50mm stem and 710mm 30mm rise bars

fitting the -2deg Headset will only bring your bar/stem/top-crown back a mm or two..
it will do is change where the bikes centre of balance is moar.
if you are a flat out fast rider, race your bike and have enough room to move around on the bike go for it! if you prefer to be more upright than attacking everything, enjoy pissing around on jumps and just ride it for fun I wouldn't bother.

msaman

Chimp
Dec 6, 2012
Thank you for your input guys
I bought a Large frame with Vivid for 450 GBP so I will try it against the clock because the stopwatch never lies :D
I will decide which one I am gonna keep after that test :)
My inseam is 33" and I am 180 cm and weight 66kg :D
That's what I call skinny :D
Also the other thing is all modern frames - size medium are with the same length like large Sunday.
So I should be fine.

Tomasis

Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Scotland
Interesting with 710mm bar that puts you even further back.

I felt that 63 HA could work if I save the DH for MOAR tracks and use Enduro bike 64.5 HA for anything else. Im not that fast guy but would like push for better times, worry less when I try move forward. Though I heard Nukeproof riders still stick with 65 HA on Brittish tracks.

Didnt you had problem with balancing when it is so little room to move around or dont feel there is too much emphasis placed in rear, while not exaggerating elbows?

In comparison, GT Fury Medium has 440mm reach, same as my Enduro Large. I measured Sunday loosely and couldnt believe the numbers :)

Anybody measured Sunday frame for reach measurement? I didnt figured out how to make accurate way of that.