Quantcast

the political protesters' kama sutra guide

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
so after reading this article about denver's proposal to limit the tools protesters use, i started searching out this fabled "sleeping dragon". i found something from last year, called "hot trends in protest technology", which at first blush appears to be a thinly veiled s&m public humiliation guide for the unbreastfed.

more evidence found at http://zombietime.com/
I like what you call "tools" would be "deadly weapons" if it was just a street fight:

Denver police propose law to take pipes, chains out of protesters' hands

Stray_cat

Monkey
Nov 13, 2007
Providence

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
it's funny you posted this yesterday 'cause i'm currently on a "business trip" in training to be a chemical and specialty impact munitions instructor (riot control/less lethal impact) and we've been watching a lot of riot/protest footage.

some of the stuff i've been shooting this week :D

ok, derailment over.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
that one round must be for Code Pinkerz... looks like a giant dildo round..

totally understandable to use a stand-off weapon on that crowd...

:dead:

Last edited:

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
I don't like the law.

If someone acts like a jackass or does something wrong during a protest, like using a pipe or chain as a weapon, let 'em suffer the consequences, and let's not be pussies when we see the the police doing what's gotta be done (like face-shooting someone who's holding a pipe in a manner consistent with intent to swing it).

Banning common material items gets a little sticky IMHO.

I'm not a huge fan of "free speech zones" as a citizen, but certain measures can be essential for maintaining public order and security for public events. Some judicial review might be necessary to ensure that free speech isn't effectively inhibited by the placement of these zones.

Last edited:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Are they expecting a lot of conservatives to take time off work and protest?

Who would dare protest the chosen one?

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
They're going to serve a no-knock warrant on the colostemy wing at the hospital and monitor all sales of Depends...

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
chuck norris can do it.
And when he's done, the lonely mountain ridge atop which he stands gives him a vantage point over his foes, from which to plummet like an osprey.