Quantcast

the random thought thread

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
In the long hot part of the summer, The thorny viney branches stick out. You can't avoid them. They are the badge of your ride. That is the price you pay to ride another year, season. Whatever...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I think it is likely that if humans had 6 fingers on each hand that we would use base 12 math. If snakes became super smart would they naturally use binary math?

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
At the trailhead yesterday I watched several drivers in pickup trucks drive way around a lip in the pavement where the gravel ends. They all had ridiculous amounts of clearance but still drove around at the lower end like they were in a sports car.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
At the trailhead yesterday I watched several drivers in pickup trucks drive way around a lip in the pavement where the gravel ends. They all had ridiculous amounts of clearance but still drove around at the lower end like they were in a sports car.
Even though I know the Gator can handle most obstacles. I always go over them instinctively careful. Drives my brother crazy. He bombs over everything like it isn't there, which drives me crazy......

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
Once a month my wife and sister have a "tantrum cycle". Ive asked them for the math explaining how it works but they can only tell me that it's natural.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
If you have goop in your ear. Do not attempt to remove it with a nail you found on the ground.. Wait until you have access to some qtips...

Trust me on this....

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
What if you found the nail in a urinal?
Well OK. Wipe it off on your socks first. If it doesn't smell like Urine then you're good to go. If you have a Bic lighter handy, heat it up until it is nice and glowy to sterilise. Let it cool down before you insert anything glowy into any orifice. Do not quench anything glowy with Hot Sauce or Urine. Use clean socks also.... If your q tips somehow get soaked in Urine, throw them out. Unless you have any homeless folks begging for work or money by the expressway. Give them your used or contaminated q tips as they probably don't have access to q tips. Since they smell like pee already, they will never notice. If you wear latex gloves while handing them the q tips they will become suspicious and not accept your kind offering. I try to give them hot sauce packets from KFC with the q tips for good measure. I am not a animal....

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Well OK. Wipe it off on your socks first. If it doesn't smell like Urine then you're good to go. If you have a Bic lighter handy, heat it up until it is nice and glowy to sterilise. Let it cool down before you insert anything glowy into any orifice. Do not quench anything glowy with Hot Sauce or Urine. Use clean socks also.... If your q tips somehow get soaked in Urine, throw them out. Unless you have any homeless folks begging for work or money by the expressway. Give them your used or contaminated q tips as they probably don't have access to q tips. Since they smell like pee already, they will never notice. If you wear latex gloves while handing them the q tips they will become suspicious and not accept your kind offering. I try to give them hot sauce packets from KFC with the q tips for good measure. I am not a animal....
That is a lot of work, I will just use a fork.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
The Lizard people don't have eyelids, only one way to make sure they aren't watching.
Nothing I need to worry about. I am back to being Jimmy, normal everyday citizen. However if I was a Lizard Person I would steer clear of Eastern Massachusetts.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
So when the doc prescribes you a Drug. He or she has discretion on what might be acceptable risk. The advantage might exceed the risk and you don't get to participate in that choice. Just not sure.... She is a fat pig with diabetes. I am not....

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
So when the doc prescribes you a Drug. He or she has discretion on what might be acceptable risk. The advantage might exceed the risk and you don't get to participate in that choice. Just not sure.... She is a fat pig with diabetes. I am not....
My benchmark is my riding. The better I ride, the more fun I have. The better I feel.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Do I exist in an alternate reality? I can't count the number of times I've been in the bathroom recently to see people walk out and leave the faucet running or the toilet cycling. How is that acceptable?

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Yes you can participate. Join the discussion and drive your own care.
I have 4 doctors I see on a regular basis. Plus my primary care physician whom I rarely see. She makes all the decisions and steers my care. She then issues these reports based on treatments I received from the cumulative of reports of the other 4 doctors. If I try to resist any of those decisions United Healthcare will refuse payment. I learn more from my Insurance provider then I do from my Doctor. Appointments are running 2/3 months out. If the care path confronts any obstacles, negative conclusion, missed appointment or whatever. I have to start the process over. I am told that this is how the system works and that replacing my primary care physician with whom I have a 8 year relationship with will not give me any advantage.

I have 4 doctors I see on a regular basis. Plus my primary care physician whom I rarely see. She makes all the decisions and steers my care. She then issues these reports based on treatments I received from the cumulative of reports of the other 4 doctors. If I try to resist any of those decisions United Healthcare will refuse payment. I learn more from my Insurance provider then I do from my Doctor. Appointments are running 2/3 months out. If the care path confronts any obstacles, negative conclusion, missed appointment or whatever. I have to start the process over. I am told that this is how the system works and that replacing my primary care physician with whom I have a 8 year relationship with will not give me any advantage.
Time to nail down your primary care physician and have a heart-to-heart talk.

I take time to calibrate physicians and lawyers prior to working with them.

Vultures
by Harry Humes

Three we found sheathed in ice
after a late freezing rain.
They were like glittering bottles
stuck on a branch,
their small eyes watching,
eyes that could see
rabbit guts half a mile away.
We lowered them in a sling
and carried them like logs to the shed.
Our daughter traced a finger