Quantcast

the random thought thread

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Someone on Craigslist just emailed me asking if I want to donate what I have for sale to them. Is that a thing now? Can I just ask people for stuff that I want and they'll give it to me as a "donation"?

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Someone on Craigslist just emailed me asking if I want to donate what I have for sale to them. Is that a thing now? Can I just ask people for stuff that I want and they'll give it to me as a "donation"?
I've been trying this with the $500k homes I've been looking at. No luck yet.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Doesn't hurt to ask, right? You can always give it to me. :D

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
20 years later. She is still gorgeous and smells good too. I could be so lucky...

I was going to respond to this, then I figured it was too tasteless. Then I thought of something else and realized it was even worse.

I hope you fucking people appreciate how hard it is being me.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
I was going to respond to this, then I figured it was too tasteless. Then I thought of something else and realized it was even worse.

I hope you fucking people appreciate how hard it is being me.
how did you get inside my head? am i actually dead and simply being controlled by westy? fuck!

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Folks get so pissed when I say this. If you ride in poor conditions enough. Your bike and wallet will take the hit. Ride on muddy spring trails. Your moving parts will get dirty, Bearings will get contaminated. Bunch of other stuff too. Most bottom brackets get worn by contamination not cycles. If your bike creaks and its driving you crazy. Quit riding in poor conditions asshole. Spray your muddy bike with a garden hose? No. Wait until the mud dries and wipe it off. Much better idea. Cassette/Chain greasy? Do not spray degreaser on it and spray it with a garden hose while it is on your bike. You have no idea where that degreaser goes and no control over what gets degreased. If your cranks keep coming loose. Buy a wrench and tighten it up. They will never fix themselves. Attention is required on your part. No excuses can be offered.
the clay around here hardens to something stronger and heavier than cement. You either get it off while wet or go buy a new bike

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
All your microwaves belong to me.

Is it solipsistic in here or are you just a minor character in the theater that I seem to believe is reality?
if we all agree on the same basic concepts and set of principles, are we all truly just variants of the same essential being?

you can have my microwave but don't fuck with my toaster oven, bro.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
if we all agree on the same basic concepts and set of principles, are we all truly just variants of the same essential being?

you can have my microwave but don't fuck with my toaster oven, bro.

My distopian future mitigation plan includes a bike trailer filled with a generator and a toaster oven. I can live off of rats and cockroaches, but I have become accustomed to a certain level of luxury and I'll be damned if I have haul a skillet around and have to start a fire every-time I catch a possum in a ditch.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
My distopian future mitigation plan includes a bike trailer filled with a generator and a toaster oven. I can live off of rats and cockroaches, but I have become accustomed to a certain level of luxury and I'll be damned if I have haul a skillet around and have to start a fire every-time I catch a possum in a ditch.
Possums live in trees. Interesting fact, they are immune to most snake venom. In a stew they are quite tasty I will admit.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Possums live in trees. Interesting fact, they are immune to most snake venom. In a stew they are quite tasty I will admit.
Never engage your enemy where they are the strongest. It would be suicide to face a possum in a tree unless you are a trained fighting lemur. They may seem harmless but the lair of the Slow Loris can be identified by the scattered bones of haughty arborists.

Never engage your enemy where they are the strongest. It would be suicide to face a possum in a tree unless you are a trained fighting lemur. They may seem harmless but the lair of the Slow Loris can be identified by the scattered bones of haughty arborists.
I encountered a possum in an apple tree in Atlanta when still quite young. Climbed the tree, looked into a hollow in a fork, saw only a yawning mouth full of needle teeth.

I un-climbed the tree and told a local farmer about it. He climbed the tree, reached in, and extracted the possum, fished one of the young out of her pouch and showed it to me, replaced the youngster, then replaced the possum.

Live and learn.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
You haven't explained adequately why you keep finding Possums in Ditches. Are they North Korean Possums?

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
There is a place I like to go to be by myself. I don't go there enough because by law I am not allowed to go there. I usually just pull a couple of Perch out an I am on my way. I eat what I catch and throw the rest back. I think I should be able to fish without restriction there.
Can you eat what you dont catch? Can you throw the fish you dont catch back?

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Me: How do the plants know it is spring and start growing?

Them: God tells them to wake up and start growing.

Dan: Does God tell the fish to swim upstream so we can catch them and eat them?

Them: Yes so we can poop them out and start the process over again.

Me: Cool.

Me: Eating tasty fish...

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
I'm convinced that Type A/Extroverts are incapable of comprehending what it's like to be a Type B/Introvert. The opposite doesn't seem to hold true.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
There are head tube standards, bottom bracket standards, rear axle spacing standards, and yet no seat tube standards.
Eh? There's a good half dozen random sizes of seattube ID. Otherwise we wouldn't all use the second hand Thomson seatpost trading exchanges for when we change to a different frame.